Might be buying a 24 fret S! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 6
Might be buying a 24 fret S!

Hey guys, Fender here.

I was down at y local music store the other day and it occured to me that it had been forever since i played an S, but one of them caught my eye. It was a prestige model and i wasn`t really familiar with prestige S`s, or neither had i ever seen any. I walk into stores looking just at the 4000$ and up guitars sometimes, so it didn`t elude too much as to how i somehow issed this diamond.

She was a natural stain with beautiful grain. The neck was nice and comfterble and the fretboard had offset pearloid and abalone inlays. The pick ups were weird. They looked like Dimarzios. They didn`t sport the usual V7 or V8 logo or an IBZ by DM logos either. I started playing it and it still hadn`t occured to me that the bridge was different than it usually would be, until i just stared at a 7 string S and noticed there was only 22 frets. I looked down and mine had 24!!

I couldn`t believe i was holding an 08`. Shipping takes forever and i was expecting to see these babies on the walls until April or may. It had gotten there two days before, most of the employees weren`t aware. the price tag is 1200$ CAD, and i might just go for it. I`ve always wanted an S ever since i borrowed a friends 470 one year and i`ve missed the tone and playability ever since. I do believe the pick ups in these are the herman li. Might swap them out, but il have to test them better when i go get her next week

I can`t find any pictures on the website, but it looked a lot like the S`s that herman had before his endorsement. Like i said light natural stain, beautiful grain, dark stained wood headstock, weird looking pick-ups and a new bridge with 24 frets.

Anyways will post pictures ASAP!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 02:11 PM

Re: Might be buying a 24 fret S!

Most likely an S5470 with Ibanez's new (and stock on that model) Hot Grinder pickups.
http://ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=S5470
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 6

Yeah that`s it. Only the stain seemed lighter, maybe my eyes are bugging on me. What do you guys think of this guitar? Worth it? Or should i get a pricier one. I just want the playability, i don`t care for a figured top right now anywauys
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-08-2008, 05:10 PM

I'd get it. They look really classy IMO.

Edit: And $1200 Cdn isn't bad at all. Why would you want a pricier guitar if you can get an awesome one without breaking the bank? To brag?

Last edited by ColinMmmmm; 03-08-2008 at 05:12 PM. Reason: forgot to mention . . .
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 03:32 AM

I've got the TKS on the way soon...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008, 05:48 AM

Is that a sustainer in the bridge?

Tags
abalone inlays , local music store , music store

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode