Mike Mushok (Staind) signature guitar - Ibanez baritone - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 06:28 AM Thread Starter

Mike Mushok (Staind) signature guitar - Ibanez baritone

I don't know if it's old news but i just read an interview where the guy talks about a new signature model that Ibanez is coming up with, this is the extract:

Quote:
The new signature Ibanez it's still based upon the S-style. I told 'em what I wanted and it'll be basically one of the guitars that I use except that it has a neck-thru body. The fingerboard is rosewood, with a mahogany body, Ibanez pickups and an old Artist-style bridge. You need a lot of travel on the intonation adjustment screw to be able to intonate them properly, depending on what gauge strings you choose. The new model has a metal string block that goes into the guitar for more sustain. from guitarist.co.uk
Not really my thing, but some of you may be interested...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 07:22 AM

Mike Mushok (Staind) signature guitar

Sign me up! I love his guitar. I know a lot of people here aren't into their music, but I am, and more importantly I love that natural mahagony finish.

And I've wanted a baritone anyway. Sweet. I bet they'll announce it at summer NAMM.
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 09:04 AM

S-style, huh? hm... ain't her based upon R-style?
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 04:32 PM

Nope. *His guitars are S-series (well, SC, if you want to be technical) baritones. *They're 27-inchers, and they're NICE!! *I like the one with the weird pickups better though. *Ah well.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 04:34 PM
Vendor

I believe you'll find they're custom Radius bodies with barritone necks using the SC headstock shape.
Rich is online  
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Rich on 4:34 pm on April 27, 2002
I believe you'll find they're custom Radius bodies with barritone necks using the SC headstock shape.
Really? *Oh, you're right! *:doh: *I don't know what I was thinking. *Just rechecked a pic.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 06:34 PM

the weird thing is that they pictured him with a SC for the Ibanez ad, but his own mahogany custom is R-shaped, with an SC headstock.

anyway, i really like her, cause i love R-shape and oil finishes. good choice, Mike!
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 06:41 PM

Well, I believe his guitars are more than 27 inch, like 30 or 31.
If they are that long I would buy one in a heartbeat, because 27 inch really isn't that long for a baritone.
Those old Fender baritones where even 30 inch long and they're 30 years old!
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 11:34 PM

im not much interested in stainds music accept for a few songs that seem to have really cool stuff going on in them *(home,and all the acoustic stuff theyve done) but *mike(mushok) took lessons from tony macalpine and in an article i read on him he said that they would sit in tonys practice room and dual. i think that anyone who can dual with tony macalpine and not be embarrassed should at least get the respect of other guitarists. besides he uses some cool tunings and stuff :thumbsup:

oh and two hands is right the guitar with the weird pickups is pretty sweet

(Edited by Guitarforceone at 11:35 pm on April 27, 2002)
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-27-2002, 11:52 PM

From the same article:
Quote:
The secret to the Staind sound lies with Mike's baritone guitars. They feature an extended scale length of 28.5 inches, instead of the usual 25.5 inches, and very heavy gauge strings.
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 02:18 PM

Yeah, I thought they were like 28 or something. *28.5 sounds right. *Cool! *Although the production model will probably have the 27" scale, just to fit with the rest of the XL series. *And the SC shape, cuz they don't want to bring back the R-series.
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 03:44 PM

I dunno... the other signature models are pretty much bang-on what the artist plays. Why would they cut corners on a production Mushok model?

There isn't strong evidence from that interview that Ibanez is making it a "production" model, anyway... how many other artists have "signature" models that aren't in mass production?

And SO many people confuse the S-style body with the R-style body... from the photos i've seen of his Ibanez customs, they're definitely R-style bodies, or at least S-Classic bodies with rounded-off edges.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Well, i would assume that "signature Ibanez" implies a production model... (but who knows?)

Besides, it's a really sweet guitar with the oil finish and the R-shaped body, too bad i'm not too much into baritones...
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 07:16 PM

S shape, R shape, it don't matter, I'd buy either one!
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 04-28-2002, 08:39 PM

Look at it this way: it's the closest thing you can get that's close to a new R guitar. And the finish + the scale is a sweet idea! I'll be getting one. Fixed bridge!! OOH!!

Tags
baritone guitar , custom guitar , custom guitars , fixed bridge , gauge strings , headstock shape , heavy gauge strings , ibanez models , ibanez pickups , john petrucci , les paul , mahogany body , mike mushok , neck shape , production model , signature guitar , tony macalpine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode