More Ibanez 7 Strings Petition - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

More Ibanez 7 Strings Petition

This thread was started at Sevenstring.org's forum, and we really need your help! I know that many guys here on Jemsite probably think that this is a big problem as well. I don't know if someone have done this already, and if so this post can of course be deleted:

Make More 7 Strings Ibanez Petition

I thought i'd give this its own thread to hopefully get noticed a lot more. This petition will be sent to ibanez once we have a BUNCH of signatures to show that there is a HUGE demand for a better variety of wood, colors, and possibly even shapes of 7 string Ibanez Guitars. Please Sign, it only takes a few seconds!!!

Feel free to post this on ANY Forum, Website, Myspace, etc. That you think this would get more signatures!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 06:13 PM

Re: More Ibanez 7 Strings Petition

I signed it, my comment was Please no black guitars, we have enough black ibanez guitars.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 06:15 PM

Better pickups (Dimarzios with more bite, SDs and EMGs) and more Prestige 7s would be great!

A Prestige S series even more so.

Bringing out some kind of Buz McGrath 7 signature wouldn't be too bad either, every custom 7 of his I've seen looks gorgeous.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 06:29 PM

I wish they'd do that RGA-7 that we were talking about once
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 09:11 PM

#192 here....keep it going everyone !
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 10:05 PM

Its funny because I have actually been GASing for a 7 string Ibanez lol, if we are at 192 already we are doing pretty well, I was in the mid 180s so once others see this thread we should get a pretty good boost
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-13-2008, 10:10 PM

I signed it, but its a shame Ibanez isn't going to give a rats ass about it.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 08:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb View Post
I signed it, but its a shame Ibanez isn't going to give a rats ass about it.
Well that's totally up to Ibanez. Buf if I would be in Ibanez's shoes, I would take petitions like this seriously, especially since Schecter and Agile is starting to steal the 7-string market from Ibanez. I hope they realize that they MUST listen to our wishes, or else Ibanez 7-string sales will drop. Well that's my theory anyways.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 08:33 AM

199 for you
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 03:42 PM

Number 203
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

Keep 'em coming guys! Remember, all names count, guitarist or not. I'm getting my family to sign this as well.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bygde View Post
Well that's totally up to Ibanez. Buf if I would be in Ibanez's shoes, I would take petitions like this seriously, especially since Schecter and Agile is starting to steal the 7-string market from Ibanez. I hope they realize that they MUST listen to our wishes, or else Ibanez 7-string sales will drop. Well that's my theory anyways.
Well, if it was signed by a few hundred thousand people, I could see them actually taking a interest, but a few hundred people are never going to sway the minds of a giant corporation, sadly. Ibanez doesn't have to listen to anyone, The 7 string market is actually tiny compared to their over all yearly sales, I'd be surprised if it made up 10% total. If Ibanez cared what the individual wants, they never would have closed the public door to LACS in the first place. I'm all for trying to get them to change there ways, but these little online petition websites are not going to do that and are a complete and utter waste of time. Best thing is talk to the official dealers who have first hand contact with Ibanez, since its the dealers who give them the most buisness, there the most likely people they would ever listen too. Ever wonder why its almost impossible to contact Ibanez and that they have no feedback form on there website and the Ibanez forum sucks ass? Yeah, thats because Ibanez just don't care. All Ibanez really cares about is selling there starter packs to the little emo's in guitar center.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb View Post
All Ibanez really cares about is selling there starter packs to the little emo's in guitar center.
Hahahaha!

I can see your point. But a small online petition is better than giving up. The management at Ibanez doesn't seem like a good one if they care as little as you are saying.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 12:19 PM

I dunno, I like the fact that they dont make many because I get more custom work
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 01:58 PM

in regards to people saying Ibanez doesn't pay attention to the petitions its not true. in the early days of the official forum, a member by the name of Dee started a petition for more old school Ibby finishes. Jay at Ibanez said that petition was a big component in releasing the RG 20ths. Hell this petition was started because someone saw the S reissue petition and said "hey, thats a good idea for seven strings"

Tags
sam totman

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode