More infos on my Radius - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

More infos on my Radius

Hello,

I am looking for more precise infos on my Radius (which I purchased 91/92):

Serial number is F 735981
Edge-Trem
22 - Frets (with the Backplate (??) unlike the later Radius modells which had the screws directly into the body)
5-Way-Switch
IBZUSA Pups (SSH)
And, well the color... a burst (out- and inside black, in between a sparkling red/purple)

Have a look at:
http://www.putzteufelgmbh.de/img/ibz_radius.jpg

I bought it here in Germany.

Any scan of the cataloge-page having this guitar would be great ([email protected])

Thanx,
Lenny[/url]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2002, 10:15 PM

What do you want to know? I had one like that. It's weird - the serial says it's a 1987, but the '87 had 3 mini switches not a 5-way, and the headstock said "roadstar pro" on it. Is it possible the plate was swapped?

Only one year had the AANJ (1993), all others had the neck plate. And that year didn't have a standard Radius, just the LTD and the alder "classic" thingy.

This is all USA info, so your country may be different (and the source of my confusion..)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 02:53 AM

yeah,
what do you wanna know? you said it all!
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 08:28 AM

Check mine http://www.rotos.si/radius Probably i'll make some mods on it (pups, custom paint,....). It's my first guitar with factory installed tremsetter in it. New toy
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 09:52 AM

you mean the BackStop! hate it or love it! (i love it!)
i've got one too.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanx for the fast answers...

well, what do I like to know:
How do you call the color
What Pick-Ups are those (More precisly than IBZUSA, or how can I find out myself)
Which Neck is it (I believe it to be the Ultra, cause I never had another Ibanez in the hand where the neck felt the same)
I remember it was being sold as a 540, somewhere else I saw a similiar model as a 440
Which wood was used for the body

The possibility about swapped plates (I guess U talk about the Serialnumber Sticker)... I bought it new at my local dealer (for DM 1250,-, about $ 650).

BTW: mine has those two Backstops in the spring-cavity too (right word?) - thought that was usual for the Radius

And I really would like to have a copy of the cataloge where my guitar is in.

Thanx again,
Lenny
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-26-2002, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyNero
Thanx for the fast answers...

well, what do I like to know:
How do you call the color
What Pick-Ups are those (More precisly than IBZUSA, or how can I find out myself)
Which Neck is it (I believe it to be the Ultra, cause I never had another Ibanez in the hand where the neck felt the same)
I remember it was being sold as a 540, somewhere else I saw a similiar model as a 440
Which wood was used for the body
Not sure about the color. The blue version of that burst was called jewel blue, but there was another color (more widely used) called that, too.

Pickups are IBZUSA F1 and C1. Made by DiMarzio, very similar to a PAF Pro and HS1.

Ultra neck. Basswood body.

The 440 was very similar at that time - still Japanese made, with an Edge trem. Different pups, though.

Quote:
The possibility about swapped plates (I guess U talk about the Serialnumber Sticker)... I bought it new at my local dealer (for DM 1250,-, about $ 650).

BTW: mine has those two Backstops in the spring-cavity too (right word?) - thought that was usual for the Radius

And I really would like to have a copy of the cataloge where my guitar is in.

Thanx again,
Lenny
In the USA, these usually go for under $400, but they're probably more plentiful here. Yes, the backstops were usual on these. There were always routs for it, but sometimes I got a Radius without it. It may have been sold seperately.

The catalogs should be coming soon... ;-)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 01:58 PM

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 03:12 PM

Hi Lenny!
I have the same guitar as you, except mine has the 3 mini switches and the pickups are all EMGs.

Here's my tidbit of info to share about this specific "red on black" colour: apparently only 72 of them were made in this finish.
Eric
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 05:05 PM

hi

all i can say now is your guitar has some nice buttered fingerprint on his finish (a real nightmare for me)

Sorry for jocking
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2002, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Hi again,

first: I am impressed of how fast you all answer... never see that in any other Online-Forum.

Concerning the fingerprints on my axe: well, that is how it looks like after two hours of playing (either a gig or just rehearsal), I really do sweat fast and lots, a real problem concerning lifelength of my strings (you might notice the "Fast-Fret" in my case).

Regarding my Serialnumber: that it was built in 87 and I bought it in 91 (or 92) might have been the reason that my dealer changed the prce for it (from DM 1800 down to 1250).

On one hand I am sad that the price for used Radius is that low, on the other hand it's good for me (and others who love their Radius), because I think those are about the best guitars Ibanez made (well at least it was a best buy).

Thanx again,
Lenny

Tags
basswood body , edge trem , mini switches , neck plate , paf pro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode