Munky 07 model ?? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Munky 07 model ??

check out the snipet of an article from ultimate guitar. i know a lot of you dont like korn but.... owell.

What sort of guitars do you take out on the road with you?

For this tour we’re doing right now, I have about ten Ibanez seven string guitars with me. For instance at the moment we’re doing a song on our set list called Counting On Me which I wrote on a guitar that I had capo-ed. And so I have a capo-ed guitar with me and because it has a different tuning, I also need to have a backup capo-ed guitar just in case a string breaks. So having another one right there and ready to go is important. My main guitar is a brand new Ibanez guitar that has just been made for me prior to heading out on this current tour. It’s a one-of-a-guitar with a beautiful black alligator skin finish. I’m working with Ibanez at the moment that will see another guitar out this year. It has a fixed bridge and it is awesome. There is going to be a couple of different models, one that will have a fixed bridge and another one, which will be a lot more expensive, that will come with a floating bridge. I think we’ll be doing that guitar with a black leather finish. And I have another main guitar too that I play on songs like Throw Me Away, which has a cool Stratocaster single-coil pick-up in it. Also I’ve been doing a guitar solo in the middle of the set list which has become part of the show now.

I can't wait....by the way. if you want the rest of the article go here http://kornunleashed.net/main.php?su...t_from=&ucat=&
munky talks about his solo album and also a little about how steve vai is his inspiration... later
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 05:13 PM

Re: Munky 07 model ??

maybe the next interesting seven string guitars will come from Munky then... who would have believed this ?
post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrucci
maybe the next interesting seven string guitars will come from Munky then... who would have believed this ?

yep i can't wait. k7 finally over. munks guitars are so sick.saw them in baltimore on the 25th. not only did munky shred in a 5 minute guitar solo, but he also brought out about 5 diff ibanez' . his cancer leather rg7, a black and green universe. a silver rg7 with and silver pickguard, a new one( the aligator skin one hes reffering to which had offset abalones) and The K14.
post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 09:48 PM

Is he talking about his personal guitars, or a new signature guitar? if they plan to make it, it would be just what I have been waiting for, 7 string fixed bridge mahogany. As long as it doesnt have a silly inlay, but Ibanez probably learned from that.
post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 09:59 PM

Im guessing whatever they come out with, it wont be japanese... :/
post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munky7
...a black and green universe...
really!?! that's cool!
post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 04:53 AM

he's always had sexy guitars (well apart from there early beat up ones) id love to see the cancer one in production, that one's sweet
post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Thep
Is he talking about his personal guitars, or a new signature guitar? if they plan to make it, it would be just what I have been waiting for, 7 string fixed bridge mahogany. As long as it doesnt have a silly inlay, but Ibanez probably learned from that.
I'm guessing he's talking about signature guitars, since he mentions price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munky
I’m working with Ibanez at the moment that will see another guitar out this year. It has a fixed bridge and it is awesome. There is going to be a couple of different models, one that will have a fixed bridge and another one, which will be a lot more expensive, that will come with a floating bridge.
post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 07:17 AM

on the 2006 catalogue there's a pic of Head with a very cool custom RG7 in dark matt grey finish, transparent DiMarzios and fixed bridge. that would be cool for a new Korn signature... and it would sell forever.
post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 11:51 AM

The 06 catalog has Head on it? lol, ****ers....
post #11 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 01:36 PM

Quote:
not only did munky shred in a 5 minute guitar solo, but he also brought out about 5 diff ibanez
omg, he can shred?!

what kind of stuff did he play? what kind of techniques did he use? how fast was he playing? was it slow and melodic or was it crazy fast shred, or was it something else?

hope you can help me out

cheers
post #12 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90341689
omg, he can shred?!

what kind of stuff did he play? what kind of techniques did he use? how fast was he playing? was it slow and melodic or was it crazy fast shred, or was it something else?

hope you can help me out

cheers

yeah dude no joke at all. it was melodic in the beginning and end, not slow but moderate, but then at each side of the stage in the middle he was shredding, FAST. all over the place, he was also using his whammy in the melodic parts..He has always been my favorite guitarist but though ive seen him pull of some nice solos on dvds and in earlier shows, i didnt know he had this in him. hope that helps, later
post #13 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 04:54 PM

Quote:
yeah dude no joke at all. it was melodic in the beginning and end, not slow but moderate, but then at each side of the stage in the middle he was shredding, FAST. all over the place, he was also using his whammy in the melodic parts..He has always been my favorite guitarist but though ive seen him pull of some nice solos on dvds and in earlier shows, i didnt know he had this in him. hope that helps, later
yea, thanks, that helps loads. its really interesting. all these "nu-metal" guitarists have skill. e.g. mick thomson (altho he aint exactly nu-metal), wes borland and munky!

i wonder whos next

btw, i found a video
it aint that great, but you can make out the sound ok
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vesM2...=korn%20guitar

i think thats pretty impresive
im curious as to how the solo album is gonna sound
i wonder how head is at a guitarist...but hes gone all jesus on us, o well, all the best to him!

laters
post #14 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 05:20 PM

Reviews: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90341689
yea, thanks, that helps loads. its really interesting. all these "nu-metal" guitarists have skill. e.g. mick thomson (altho he aint exactly nu-metal), wes borland and munky!

i wonder whos next

btw, i found a video
it aint that great, but you can make out the sound ok
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vesM2...=korn%20guitar

i think thats pretty impresive
im curious as to how the solo album is gonna sound
i wonder how head is at a guitarist...but hes gone all jesus on us, o well, all the best to him!

laters
Wow I've never seen munky play like that. Hmm, maybe if he incoperated some of that into korn's overall sound they wouldn't be going so down hill (IMO anyway)
post #15 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-31-2006, 07:50 PM

Lots of these 'nu-metal' guitarists are very good at shredding and whatever. But like they always say "i do what's right for the song" and by that they mean "I do what's right for getting commercial air time". They'll do solo's live all the time but not on albums, it's just the way it works.

Looks like shred's getting back into fashion now. Literally every young guitarist i know now is trying to learn some sort of double hand tapping lick or something, so it can't all be bad.

You gotta remeber all these nu-metal guitarists were bored of the music scene around them (grunge etc) and wanted to experiment alot more. Munky and Head took that from Vai - the experimental side that is, and also took the 7-string idea. They can solo sure, but can you imagine a song like Blind of Ball Tounge suddenly having a shred-fest in it. Most of those songs are chuggy sort of rhythmic groove songs, not speed-metal fests. So in truth they're right - It's all about the song!

Anyway, just my rant

Tags
beautiful guitar , blaze neck , ebony board , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , joe perry , korean guitar , mahogany body , mick thompson , mick thompson model , mike mushok , neck inlay , pickup switch , pro edge , production model , reverse headstock , seven string guitars , signature guitar , steve vai , string fixed bridge , string guitars

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode