music man luke or john petrucci - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

music man luke or john petrucci

hey, im choosing my next guitar? i was choosing between these 2 as a next choice. styles are like the styles of the guys who play these sig guitars...also i tried them both already and i like them both but still dont know what to get...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 07:19 AM Thread Starter

Re: music man luke or john petrucci

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpalomo View Post
hey, im choosing my next guitar? i was choosing between these 2 as a next choice. styles are like the styles of the guys who play these sig guitars...also i tried them both already and i like them both but still dont know what to get...
btw is the john petrucci with piezo still have the floating trem?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 08:15 AM

^ I was just thinking the exact same thing.

Rock on!
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-06-2010, 05:57 AM

The Standard JP can be ordered with the piezo. The BFRs come with it automatically. And they all have floating trems.
I've never played a Luke but I have 2 MM JPs. A standard JP6 and a BFR 6. I also have a BFR 7 on the way. I love them. Extremely versatile guitars and I just like the way the feel. The my body and playing very well.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 12:13 AM

Cant comment on the Luke, but I had a JP7 and loved it. I've been thinking about getting a JP6 for a while.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 12:15 AM

I would go with the JP with the piezo.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 11:08 AM

Luke!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 02:23 PM

Reviews: 57

I'd really want to play both of them for a solid amount of time, the two necks couldn't really be much more different from each other. With the Ibanez-ish JP neck, and Fender-ish Luke neck.

The two guitars have radically different sounds and body styles as well.

I would really think one would have more of preference for one or the other after spending some time on them.

I do know where you're coming from though, I've played both of them as well, and liked them both too, the JP was more my thing though.

Last edited by blackspy; 01-15-2010 at 03:34 PM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2010, 07:16 PM

Reviews: 14

I think you really need to play both to know which one is more suited for you. The Luke has a significantly different neck than then JP6, for instance.

I personally own a JP6 and think it's the greatest guitar ever given to man by the rock god's, but that's just my opinion. How it feels may not live up to the standard that you have for a guitar.

If you do end up going for a JP6 I recommend making sure it's one of the newest versions. The JP6 has had three version so far and the newest one comes with the best pickups out of the three versions, and it also has fixed the old "finish behind the nut" issue that all JP6s previously suffered from.

Tags
john petrucci , luke , music man

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode