Music Of The Spheres/565 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Music Of The Spheres/565

I just got this today......don't remember when I've looked forward to seeing the Fedex truck pull up more than I was for this one. Before I go on,I gotta publicly thank Bowie for being such a cool guy by acting as the middleman on this one. This one here is from the USCG series......Music of the spheres. As you can see,this one's got an RG-565 neck on it. I'm not gonna leave it this way.....I snagged an unfinished RG-560 body with the middle singlecoil position already filled in. I figure over the course of the next however many months I'll gather the necessary parts to make two killer axes out of this one. In the meantime I'll keep it as is,with the exception of possibly changing out the EMG.

Also,this one is overall pretty damn clean. Couple chips,but no cracks anywhere that I can see. My main focus right now is to find either a nice facsimile neck.....770,760 etc.,or to get really lucky and find a US Custom neck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 04:01 PM

Re: Music Of The Spheres/565

This is one of my favorite graphics. I wouldn't be opposed to the neck if the dots weren't red.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulacy View Post
This is one of my favorite graphics. I wouldn't be opposed to the neck if the dots weren't red.

Yeah,I agree with you there.

I also have this one too.

I'm kicking around the idea of swapping necks........the dots would look a little less out of place on this one.......as there's some red in the graphic. The thing is though, I had this one setup perfectly. It plays and sounds so great I'd hate to screw up a good thing.
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 05:33 PM

swap the necks then get them both setup, then you can play whichever you feel like playing at the time
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 05:34 PM
MFB

Don't screw with that one if you don't want to then, simple as that

What single EMG is that, an 81?
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 08:39 PM

i agree. i always say, if a guitar plays great, don't touch a thing!
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

I think it might be an 85 in there from the sound of it.....I'm thinking a zebra EVO might be in this one's future.

Yeah Foulacy......for the time being at least, I'm not gonna touch the Streetwise one.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 11:40 PM

Yeah, forget my last comment... all that matters is your happy with it dude. The more I look at these models the more I love these graphics, cant help but think of "Spheres of Madness" when I see the orb one. Phantasm comes to mind as well...

Did they come standard with the coil tap switch?

Also, I wonder how a blue paf-pro or any dimarzio for that matter would look... might actually blend in with the sphere if the colors were right OR even an airbrushed one would add to the "Custom" a bit more.

Last edited by seckscow; 09-27-2008 at 11:51 PM.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seckscow View Post
Yeah, forget my last comment... all that matters is your happy with it dude. The more I look at these models the more I love these graphics, cant help but think of "Spheres of Madness" when I see the orb one. Phantasm comes to mind as well...

Did they come standard with the coil tap switch?
Yeah,I love the scifi-sh themed ones. As for the mini toggle,that's a good question. It's a 3way one at that. These were supposedly available with alot of different options so I guess it's possible.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 12:39 AM

That's especially neat, considering that potentially each would be different than everyone elses model. I dont know too much about these models but I'm starting to understand. So the guy who originally ordered it picked single pup config, with volume and coil tap correct?
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seckscow View Post
That's especially neat, considering that potentially each would be different than everyone elses model. I dont know too much about these models but I'm starting to understand. So the guy who originally ordered it picked single pup config, with volume and coil tap correct?

Well I'm not so sure. For one thing,it's not hooked up to anything right now....although I'm fairly certain EMG's weren't an option. A splitcoil's a good guess,but the switch being a 3 way makes me think someone added it after it left the factory.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 01:19 AM

Oh alright... so is the emg active? Reason I ask is cause if the emg was added by another owner then maybe he just did away with the toggle and went vol to direct out for a different sound or something. Only reason I was asking about the switch being standard and whatnot is cause the space between the switch and vol looks almost intentional.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 01:35 AM Thread Starter

Yup it's active......as for the toggle, I think it's definitely intentional. My guess is it was a on/off/splitcoil. Hard to know for sure though.

As for the replacement pup, I'm leaning heavily towards a zebra EVO. For the reasons you suggested the blue one. In this case,I think it'd go really well with the black and white checkerboard.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 01:55 AM

Yeah, the zebra probably will look the best... almost like it's reflecting the ground! lol

One more idea, dimarzio offers a chrome color too right? No clue how it'd look... but I figure it'd reflect things like like when you look into it. Almost mirror esque like the surface of the sphere on the graphic. Sure it cost's more to get the chrome, but since it only needs one you could go all out :P
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 12:28 PM

on the bottem right side is that a chip?
if so ouch thats pretty big

other then that nice graphic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode