music store frustration ! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Angry music store frustration !

allright, so i bought an ibanez rg1527 a week ago, i ended up ordering it through this local music store who is an ibanez dealer. so they give me a call tonight and tell me that they have it but they close in 20 minutes, so i haul ars down there and come in and see it and all its stuff sitting there, oh man is this thing beautiful, just absolutley stunning. but the deal is there wasnt a case with it, now correct me if im wrong, but i thought all prestiges came with a hardcase, because it was shipped in the hard case and i could tell because the prestige booklet was folded like it sat in the slot of the case ive seen it come with, so i know for a fact it was shipped from the factory in the case, and they know it came in in the case. and i they do price competing and they competed with the price quote music1-2-3 gave me, and the music1-2-3 website says it comes with a FREE case. so does anyone know whats goin on, do they all come with the case ? any help is much appreciated, sorry for any bad spelling, im just a little angry that i couldnt take it home tonight : (
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 10:52 PM
Vendor

Re: music store frustration !

Absolutely. It comes with an included "J Craft" molded case. Tell them flat out, no case, no deal.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 11:02 PM

Reviews: 3

Rich is right, all Prestige's come with cases. They shouldn't be trying to jack you around for the extra on the case, but some dealers are still hoping that the consumer doesn't know any better. But if they are willing to price match, then take in the quote you got and make them match it. Also, don't be afraid to let them know that they are shipped in cases and the price includes the case. Good luck.
Josh
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys, i just printed off the ibanez website where it clearly states that "all ibanez prestige guitars and basses include a case." and some other stuff i found from the site the pricematched with that said it included a free case. do thye even sell the j craft cases seperatly ? cuz i dont see it on there website or any others.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 11:53 PM

They do sell the J-Craft cases seperate. I've ordered them in for people previously, but you should seriously check with the shop to stop them from trying to screw you over. I know my old boss would try to screw customers this way and hated the fact that I would give customers the free hardshell case that the guitar came in because he wanted to charge people for it.

However, technically speaking it's not really free as Ibanez included the price for the case when they jacked up the prices last year. I do know some dealers who actually reduced the price on their Ibanez Prestiges to undercut others by taking the case out of the price tag and selling the case on thier own. If that particular shop that's trying to sell you the RG1527 is charging the full price and not giving you the case, tell them they can screw themselves with the guitar and just buy it elsewhere.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 04:07 AM

Reviews: 1

My Prestige RG 2820 does not come with Ibanez case. I have checked with other 2820 owners and some of them have case and others have heavy gig bag instead.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 05:14 AM

before i picked my 2570 last week on the phone i asked the guy to confirm with me it came in a case. and he said yes, all RGs come with a case... so i dunno. shifty shopkeepers if you ask me.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xklusivly4u
My Prestige RG 2820 does not come with Ibanez case. I have checked with other 2820 owners and some of them have case and others have heavy gig bag instead.
That's because the 2820 is a pre-'05 model. Now ALL Prestige guitars (MIJ or MIK) come with cases.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 08:11 AM

Let us know how it works out.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 05:39 AM Thread Starter

so today i left school and missed jazz rehersal so i could catch up with the guy before he left the store so i could deal with him since hes the guy ive talked to all along. so i walk in, ready with a speech if they try to pull this on me again, and he just says " oh yeah man we got you squared up, you're right." so i just kinda wasl ike oh, oh sweet. and ive been at home playing ever since. i love it but i think i want some pickups with a warmer low end bassish, if you know what i mean, and then one to bring out a nice tone. i will have to go read through and see what people have installed for this simmilar sound. thanks all for your replies!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 01:41 PM

tone zone, blue velvet and air nortan
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 01:44 PM

You mean AN7 and TZ7.

Tags
ibanez dealer , local music store , music store , prestige guitar , prestige guitars , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode