Musicman axis super-sport or top end ibanez prestige - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Question Musicman axis super-sport or top end ibanez prestige

These are two top guitars (Musicman axis super-sport or top end ibanez prestige) and I have absolutely no idea which one i want. I mean which would everone else want. What does everyone else think.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 04:53 PM

Re: Musicman axis super-sport or top end ibanez prestige

well, look a the styling of the body. the ibanez is most likely a super strat. also, the neck profile and frets are completely different. from playing both, the ibanez will have larger fret wire and a bery thin neck. the ebmm will have a fatter neck that will fill your hand more, and smaller fret wire is used. both are ver nice guitars, but if you want a trem on it, go for the ibanez or just a plain axis, because the super sport has a fixed bridge.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 09:33 PM

I'd personally go with the ernie ball myself just for the neck finish alone. The dimarzio custom wound humbuckers and 5 way switch are a plus too but the neck is the sealer of the deal. It is just so smooth and feels great in the hand. Personally i'd rather have a little fatter neck with that finish than a really skinny one with a different (i don't wanna say better heheheeh) finish. Plus the schaller locking tuners and hardtail make this a real workhorse.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 11:42 PM

Reviews: 1

when i bought my RG i also look at the axis with floyd, it felt great, the only thing that kept me from buying it was the 22 frets !!! i just cant seem to live without 24 frets... but the neck felt so good it just melted in my hands and not in mouth i was drewling... and also it was like 300 bucks more than the RG
JJ
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Arrow Re: Musicman axis super-sport or top end ibanez prestige

yeh thanks guys. the annoying thing to me is the fact that the trem on the axis doesnt raise pitch-not as extreme...
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 05:00 PM

I tried an Axis out recently, and thought it was great - and gave me a bit of EVH nostalgia.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 05:57 PM

Does anyone know of a good custom shop that does these?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-26-2006, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Question Re: Musicman axis super-sport or top end ibanez prestige

Does anyone else find the fact that its floyd rose doesnt raise pitch annoying. That a main factor for me getting an ibanez instead.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 01:03 AM

the 22 frets didnt sold me on the ebmm... but i loved the neck finish on the axis... maybe in the future i´d buy it
JJ
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

Post Re: Musicman axis super-sport or top end ibanez prestige

22frets is fine man. Its like i never really use 24 so for me, again its the floyd not raising pitch aswell.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg5150
I tried an Axis out recently, and thought it was great - and gave me a bit of EVH nostalgia.
Exactly what the should do .

Regards

André

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 01:50 PM

I'll get a prestige, why? cos Ibanez is the best!!!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashton
Does anyone else find the fact that its floyd rose doesnt raise pitch annoying. That a main factor for me getting an ibanez instead.
Theirs some reasoning behind it not raising pitch. Eddie Van Halen originally designed the axis as we know it. None of his trems are setup floating, with the tailpiece flush against the body. This does two things for you. Number one the guitar *ALWAYS* returns to perfect pitch, floating floyds have give in them even the best setup ones hang up just a little, and while its liveable the axis doesnt have this issue period *neither do wolfgangs old non floating kramers etc.*. Second the tone you get from having the thing sitting flush against the body. You get more sustain in general and more bottom end which is usually ate up when the floyd sits off the body.

So lets go over this, who doesnt want a guitar that stays perfectly in tune? Who doesnt want a guitar that sounds better?

Im sold >.>
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 08:13 PM

I am gasing for an axis super sport, too. MM90, specifically.
and I have a prestiege 3120 which I love. my advice, get both. if you love guitars enough you are gonna get both eventually. they are both so good and so different.
RG has the sharp horns for attitude and axis has the cute shape for vibe
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rguser
I am gasing for an axis super sport, too. MM90, specifically.
and I have a prestiege 3120 which I love. my advice, get both. if you love guitars enough you are gonna get both eventually. they are both so good and so different.
RG has the sharp horns for attitude and axis has the cute shape for vibe
Well said.... that´s enough after i get my Universe i´ll run to get me a EBMM Axis... i just hope so.
JJ

Tags
custom shop , ebmm axis , eddie van halen , ernie ball , fixed bridge , floyd rose , fret wire , locking tuners , neck finish , schaller locking , schaller locking tuners , super strat , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode