musikraft neck - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2014, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

musikraft neck

Hello all. I have just ordered a musikraft neck for my fender stratocaster. The neck arrived today and it looks so well built and quality made. However, the truss rod is protruding out as in the pic. Is that normal for a custom neck? If it is, what do we do to make it look 'normal'. Or is this a production mistake?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2014, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Re: musikraft neck

Sorry, here is the pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140912_001811.jpg (79.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-11-2014, 05:31 PM

You see these more often on telecaster necks than strat necks, but I can't see anything wrong with this. What you have there is a bullet style truss rod adjuster. It's not actually the truss rod itself, its just the style of nut they've used for the adjuster.

Here's a tele with a couple different styles of the same thing, from a thread where a guy wanted to replace his: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ussRodNuts.jpg
Old 09-11-2014, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Thank you very much Bizarre. In all my years of playing, I have never seen this style of rod adjuster. I will go ahead and install this baby tonight.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:27 PM

No problem, have fun.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:57 PM

Pretty weird that they used a Bullet truss rod with a pre-CBS headstock.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Yup, hence the question. However, after installing and doing little adjustments, all the weird feeling went away. This Musikraft neck feels fantastic! I might go for a complete Musikraft neck and body in the not too distant future. I mean, man... Musikraft's neck feel awesome. You should try it.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

Btw, I need to mention here that on top of an amazing product, Musikraft's customer support is excellent.

Tags
musikraft , truss rod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in