my 1977 Ibanez Les Paul Standard - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 06:10 AM Thread Starter

my 1977 Ibanez Les Paul Standard

Here are some pics of my Ibanez Les Paul Standard. My dad bought it back in 1977 and recently gave up playing electric guitar and is going full acoustic. So for the time being this is my guitar! These are before and after pictures of a setup job and Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates pickups going in there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 07:05 AM

Thumbs up Re: my 1977 Ibanez Les Paul Standard

She looks as solid as a rock & I bet she will sound that way to bro! don't get rid of the original pickups just store them you never know when you'll need em? looks like it has a set neck- I could be wrong? but if it has you have one very rare MIJ LP not that it is not already, hard to find now days & by the look of her I would say she has alot of mojo in her, luv the colour to, she's a ripper of a guitar very special!, look after her bro she's got magic all over her!

Cheers-Jake.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 10:17 AM

Re: my 1977 Ibanez Les Paul Standard

Still looks clean and brand new A very nice Ibanez Les Paul indeed
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

yeah I still have the cream pickgaurd and the Super 70 pickups stored because... it's original equipment! Yes it does have a set neck (no bolt on for me thank you!). She does sound very solid and does have quiet a bit of mojo in her.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2006, 09:08 PM

Mojo indeedly! It looks fab after the setup... major clean too huh?

Tags
duncan pearly gates , electric guitar , ibanez les paul , les paul , les paul standard , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pearly gates

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode