My 2 cents on Jackson trems - Page 3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 03:29 PM

Re: My 2 cents on Jackson trems

I have owned lots of guitars and some of the best shredders on the planet including a JEM and several Jacksons (PRS, San Dimas Charvel, Gibson Original Firebird, SG, Strat, Hamer Californian, Robin Medley, etc....)

You have to get a good guitar with good parts. I have found some decent cheaper Korean models (I have a fairly good Hamer Vector import).

I had a Jackson SL1 that had the cheaper trem and pick ups and I did not like it. However their USA models kick some serious ass. And their custom shops are nothing less than spectacular.

But every manufacturer has their bloopers.

And I have yet to find an import that is as good as its American made counterpart.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredmonsterZ View Post
I
I had a Jackson SL1 that had the cheaper trem and pick ups and I did not like it. However their USA models kick some serious ass. And their custom shops are nothing less than spectacular.
Did you mean SL3? The SL1 is a USA made Jackson (S/S/H)
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 04:59 PM

Sorry mistype - SL3
post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-13-2007, 02:02 PM

Generally, I believe that most guitar manufacturers really need to improve their quality control.

Hands up anyone that's played two different guitars of the same model and found that one was noticeably better than the other?

I've found this with just about every brand of guitar i've played to a greater or lesser degree, especially with the lower end models. This is why I have a problem with buying a guitar without playing it first.

No matter how much you pay, what brand you choose, or which model you like, remember that each guitar is an individual instrument.

Rock on!
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetal4Ever View Post
Generally, I believe that most guitar manufacturers really need to improve their quality control.

Hands up anyone that's played two different guitars of the same model and found that one was noticeably better than the other?

I've found this with just about every brand of guitar i've played to a greater or lesser degree, especially with the lower end models. This is why I have a problem with buying a guitar without playing it first.

No matter how much you pay, what brand you choose, or which model you like, remember that each guitar is an individual instrument.

Rock on!
Well said. I have a Custom Shop Jackson that is one of those guitars that you find once maybe twice in a lifetime. Chimes like a bell, unbelievable sustain and the notes just bloom and swell and get louder as you vibrato them.

I bet they could build another 100 of the same and maybe one or maybe none would have the same characteristics. Just like different Les Pauls - once in a while you find a really good one.

Its so weird. Same woods, same parts and they turn out different and nobody knows why. I guess its also pretty cool but can be frustrating when buying.
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 09:33 PM

All I can say is that licensed Jackson Floyds are complete and absolute horse crap. I got rid of mine because it was horribly stiff and never returned anywhere close to neutral after pull ups. And the screw on bar was completely wobbly in its hole. Man it makes me mad even thinking about it!
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 11:18 PM

If you like the guitar just slide an OFR in there and be done with it.

Tags
custom shop , epiphone les paul , floyd rose , floyd rose pro , headstock shape , jackson guitars , les paul , les pauls , neck joint , neck joints , neck plate , neck plates , randy rhoads , recessed trem , tremolo cavity , tremolo system

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode