My 8-string Pt. III...FINISHED! (Pics!) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 11:55 PM Thread Starter

My 8-string Pt. III...FINISHED! (Pics!)

The long wait has paid off! After collaborating with master luthier, Eddie Kolesar, & doing much research & development, my dream of having a custom made 8-string guitar is now a reality. THANK YOU, EDDIE!!!!!!!!

Here's are some pics of the guitar fully assembled. After Eddie assembled it, we realized that I didn't send him the black knobs for the volume & gain boost pots. I'll put them on when it arrives here this weekend!

Specifications:

Body (based on Ibanez RG with mods) & hardware:
Alder body, All access neck joint, Angled Jem-style input jack, 2 volumes, Hipshot bridge, EMG Afterburner Gain Boost, 2 custom EMG45DC active pups, 3-way pup selector switch, string-thru-body, quick change battery compartment, extended top horn, shortened lower horn, natural satin finish. (Hardware black)

Neck & hardware:
25.5" neck scale, 24-fret, Maple neck, Brazilian rosewood fretboard, Ibanez RG-based headstock w/ 8-inline tuners, no inlays (side dots only), Medium Jumbo fretwire, Tung-oiled neck, Bone nut, Schaller mini-locking tuners, 2 roller-style string trees. (Hardware black)

Strings (low to high): D'Addario
F# (074), B (056), E (046), A (036), D (026), G (017), B (013), E (010)

ENJOY the pics!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 12:06 AM

That's slick. Throw in a piezo and I'd call it mine.

Nice work Eddie. Good looking geetar. Love them natural finishes.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordwolf
Throw in a piezo...
Now, THAT's a good idea for the future!

HEY ANDY & ROB!!!!
Hopefully, the pics of my new beast will motivate you into finishing your 8-string projects! Heh-heh!
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 01:21 AM

That's a MONSTER!! I'm totally diggin' it. To me, that looks just as classy (if not classier) than the Conklin's, Nevborn's, etc,.

Sometimes, I wish I had bigger hands, but if I did, I wouldn't have my built-in excuse for not being able to shred

I really want to hear this thing in action. Any chances of that happening?
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBaba
That's a MONSTER!! I'm totally diggin' it. To me, that looks just as classy (if not classier) than the Conklin's, Nevborn's, etc,.

I really want to hear this thing in action. Any chances of that happening?
I agree. Compared to above-mentioned axes, my 8 is just as nice & I didn't have to sell my soul to get it built.

I just bought some recording gear for my computer. As soon as I figure out HOW to use it, I'll record something.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 04:06 AM

That is a BEAST! Totally diggin that yeah. I am very glad for ya, and I bet the wait has made it even sweeter. I would love to see some pics with the knobs on when you get it. And even better, would love to hear some shreddin sounds on that beast too! Quality Stuff.
Gary - The.Godfather
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 05:06 AM

That is sweet!! Congrats

Kim
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 07:13 AM

*drools*
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 07:59 AM

wow
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsharp777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordwolf
Throw in a piezo...
Now, THAT's a good idea for the future!

HEY ANDY & ROB!!!!
Hopefully, the pics of my new beast will motivate you into finishing your 8-string projects! Heh-heh!
Oh, God !!! Please can i swear Thats fudgingly good lookin, I may have to now sell some stuff, Thanx Shannon ;-)

Please get some sound clips of some low riffage up asap, I'm now very VERY motivated to get going, Obviously at the moment i can't afford to do a great deal, But it'll start in earnest very soon

I'm Envious and Overwhelmingly happy for you all at the same time

Big BIG respect to Eddie for pulling off yet another stunning axe !!!

Rob (whose Jaw will not get off the floor)
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 08:23 AM

Dude that thing is AWESOME! Holy freakin' smokes! Hey,,, are those EMG's Warm? I only remember Old emg's and they were a little tinny.... I would imagine that is not the case with those. Are EMG's the only choice for 8 string gtrs at this time? without having custom made?

Man that thing is awesome,,,, if you don't mind can you give a ball park figure on what that thing cost you? EKG is doing some awesome work and is totally on it's way of becoming a sought after custom builder! Warrior and AByss gtrs are awesome,,,but whoa man,,, I would totally go to Eddie first,,,, there is just something about the simplicity and class of his stuff that just stands alone. Besides,,, for the cost of one AByss gtr I could have 2 totally awesome machines that rock circles around the showcase beauties.....

Anyway,,,, before I go on a rant. Congrats Dude,,,, you have a totally awesome machine! My hat is off to EKG as well.

Did I mention.....

~A
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 09:37 AM

Looks great!

You gonna put some knobs on those pots?
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarkatana
Looks great!

Quote:
Here's are some pics of the guitar fully assembled. After Eddie assembled it, we realized that I didn't send him the black knobs for the volume & gain boost pots. I'll put them on when it arrives here this weekend!
Nothing like reading a post huh I know i was too busy looking at pics too

Rob
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 11:14 AM

WOW! That is a beautiful guitar.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem7RB MK
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarkatana
Looks great!

Quote:
Nothing like reading a post huh I know i was too busy looking at pics too

Rob
See how much I rock!

Oh boy, it's gonna be a long day.

Tags
access neck joint , alder body , beautiful guitar , locking tuners , maple neck , neck joint , neck scale , rosewood fretboard , string tree , string trees

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode