My Custom guitar - IT'S SWIRLED!!!!!!!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-15-2001, 01:16 AM Thread Starter

My Custom guitar - IT'S SWIRLED!!!!!!!!

UPDATE!!

Photo host has booted me. Please visit my new website here for pictures. it has now been sealed and ready for the swirl!! :mc:

http://vwallguitars.com

click on the My custom guitar tab

scott

Ok guys/girls. here are some photos of my custom guitar that I *mentioned I would post.

First off, I just wanna say that it is not a BC Rich body.. some people think it is but it is not. it was a rough body and a bare neck when i bought it. no frets, very uneven fret board, *a raw slab of wood just waiting to be put to use
Sorry I dont have pre-fret photos but my comp. crashed and i lost them.
Heres a breif overview:

Basswood body
Maple neck (was gonna do pyramid inlays but i am into this thing almost 800 now)
27 fret neck scalloped from 21-27.
The hard ware is a Floyd Rose with Grover tuners and I am throwing in a Duncan Trembucker custom made and S-1 for now. *I will eventually change it out to a Dimarzio of my choice, perhaps a Super III. Color matched to the swirl Darren at ATD is doing for me.
The guitar ships out tomorrow to Darren . It will have a 5-6 color Swirl paint job *with matching headstock swirl:mc:
I am still debating over putting a monkey grip in it...

I put medium thin frets on it for maximun spacing on the fret board. The guitar has already been set up and it plays and feels as good as my GMC.
1 volume knob and a toggle switch.. was gonna do a blade but didnt like the location it would have to be in.

Cant wait to get it back. *prolly be a few weeks or so. I will keep you all updated. Be looking for photos of all my guitars soon!!!

SCOTT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-15-2001, 09:42 AM

My Custom guitar

cool, I think it will turn into a great Metal Axe ... please post pictures when it's done

c-ya
gilberto
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 02:53 PM

My Custom guitar

I just can't picture a swirl on that beautiful thing.

I just got this thing for figured tops :biggrin:

CONGRATS MAN!!!
post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-30-2001, 10:25 PM Thread Starter

My Custom guitar

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * UPDATE

OK, i have been talking with tha fabulous Darren at ATD
We have pretty much decided that i like these two DNA's and are gonna use this color scheme with the exception of the regular red being replaced with a darker purple base and still keeping the neon red... and that is a big thanks to Bob Oakman for the suggestion!! Thanks Bob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mc:

So, here is the DNA's that we hope it will resemble, if not in pattern, at least in color. But MORE GREEN!:biggrin:

enjoy... should have a picture from Darren in a couple a weeks!!

scott

(Edited by vwall at 9:27 pm on May 30, 2001)
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 12:25 PM

My Custom guitar

Cool guitar dude !!!
it looks like a metal machine

i`m waiting for the finished pic

shred on dude

(Edited by kirk at 4:09 pm on June 17, 2001)
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 03:16 PM

My Custom guitar

HHHHHEY! THAT'S MY DREAM HEADSTOCK DESIGN~!!!!! What kind of a neck is that?
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-17-2001, 03:52 PM

My Custom guitar

Great choice of swirl colors! Can't wait to see the completed axe!
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 06:42 AM

My Custom guitar

So how's it comin' along?
Paintjob done yet?

Steve
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

My Custom guitar

Talked to Darren last week, he is back on the road doing comedy on and off... yes, he is a comedian as well

i hope that he has time to swirl it in the next couple weeks.
I will keep you all updated as info is available. Darren is emailing me as soon as it is swirled so we can approve it. then i will post the photo he sends me and update it with more after i get it:mc:

scott
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-18-2001, 02:44 PM

My Custom guitar

Scott, I have to say that I am having a hard time imagining what a swirl will look like with the sculpted body. I can picture the swirl detail and the colors, but I think the angles are going to ad a new perspective. I will be interested to see the results. If itís anything like your other guitars, I know it will play awesome.

PS: Now that your swirl collection is beginning to grow, do I have anything you want to trade me for one of those GMCs? :biggrin:
post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 02:28 AM Thread Starter

My Custom guitar

Talked to Darren today, guitar is sealed and ready for the swirl. he's real busy so its takin a while but i know it will be worth the wait. Nows he's teasing me on how good he and some others think it looks with the natural wood.. DONT send me any pics *like that *i told him... i dont want to get *attached to it like that. LOL of course i know i wont as i am not into natural finished guitars unless they are seriously flamed or quilted and even then a *stain.

any ways, thiought i would let you all in on the progress.

cheers!

scott
post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-03-2001, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

My Custom guitar

OK, Darren at ATD emailed my pictures of the guitar clear coated and ready for swirl but my picture host dumped my pics so if any one knows of a free host PLEASE let me know

scott

worst case i can put them on yahoo photos but it will only be a link and *i really want direct access to link to the sight.

thanks

scott
post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-05-2001, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

My Custom guitar

UPDATE!!

Please visit my new website here for pictures. it has now been sealed and ready for the swirl!! :mc:

http://vwallguitars.usclargo.com

click on the My custom guitar tab

scott

(Edited by vwall at 2:41 pm on July 9, 2001)
post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

My Custom guitar

At Last!!

http://www.vwallguitars.usclargo.com/photo2.html

PLEASE let me know what you all think!
The color scheme is a bit off. Darren is willing to redo it. There was supposed to be purple where the blue is.

So let me know how you all like it. I'm 50-50 right now...

...But still very excited!
To redo it I will lose that swirl pattern, and I think it is one of the finest swirl patterns I have seen from Darren!

(Edited by vwall at 2:18 pm on Aug. 20, 2001)
post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 03:24 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
My Custom guitar

the swirl looks good but i cannot get past the pointy-ness of the axe. Shades of BC Rich and Lita Ford but that is me. YOU need to like it first and foremost. That is the only thing of importance.

Good luck on the project... glen

Tags
access neck joint , basswood body , bob oakman , clear coat , cosmo hardware , custom guitar , dna swirl , floyd rose , floyd rose trem , fret board , fret neck , green dimarzio , grover tuners , headstock design , maple neck , monkey grip , neck joint , pro edge , pyramid inlay , pyramid inlays , toggle switch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode