My Dream 7 String - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

My Dream 7 String

This is my "ultimate" 7 string. I love it!!

http://www.geocities.com/crossjem2001/7_string.html

Two questions I have for you Jemsite experts:

1) What do you think about this beauty?

2) What Jems do you think would be a good straight-across trade for this in case I ever have a moment of weakness and think about trading back to 6 strings? My friend who traded this MINT guitar to me said that the previous owner traded a Gibson Les Paul Custom for it, just to give you a monetary reference. The pictures speak for themselves.... Since this guitar's value is over 2 grand, I wonder if someone would trade it for a GMC or Jem10th?? Or am I dreaming??

Let me know what you think of my dream 7 string! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 09:46 AM

i think you're dreaming

obviously a brand guitar with the features of your would be very expensive, but projects/no name customs are not woth that much. if you look at ebay or here sometimes, these kind of guitar is rarely worth the price of its parts.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 10:25 AM

It's a real Amazing guitar,
congratulation but as caprile say a custom project has a low resell value , and i think it will be a shame to sell/trade a such beautyfull guitar for few money in losing a lot.....SO KEEP IT

PS:i have the same problem with one of my guitar (valley art), i asked to trade/or sell it but nobody want it ( and it a real killer guitar), so i keep it and save money for next big purchase.....
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Okay, disregard item 2. :)

Okay, disregarding item two, what do people think of the guitar? Item two was just an aside, just a what do you think. I didn't really want people to center their attentions on it. I am still in love with my 7 string and will more than likely keep it for all time. So, just let me know what y'all think about it?
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 01:51 PM

Well..

considering I had this guitar made for me and I oversaw its setup with two luthiers and I originally spent the dough for it, I have a very good indication of what its "worth".

One offs like this guitar, just like stated previously, are not high resale items at all UNLESS the other party puts the same or higher value than yourself on it. I had this guitar in the making for almost 2 years...by the time it was done I was pretty lackadaisical about it so I rid myself of it. It is a spectacular guitar and I won't deny I miss it from time to time...but in short, it wasn't my thing anymore. Unfortunately, that is the way G.A.S. will play itself out to you....don't rely on what others think its worth..concentrate on finding someone who values it as much as YOU do and then you'll get a just trade or sale...so patience is key.

Congrats on your new guitar..(damn this guitar keeps getting traded around!!!)
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 02:13 PM

Re: Well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldboy
considering I had this guitar made for me and I oversaw its setup with two luthiers and I originally spent the dough for it, I have a very good indication of what its "worth".

One offs like this guitar, just like stated previously, are not high resale items at all UNLESS the other party puts the same or higher value than yourself on it. I had this guitar in the making for almost 2 years...by the time it was done I was pretty lackadaisical about it so I rid myself of it. It is a spectacular guitar and I won't deny I miss it from time to time...but in short, it wasn't my thing anymore. Unfortunately, that is the way G.A.S. will play itself out to you....don't rely on what others think its worth..concentrate on finding someone who values it as much as YOU do and then you'll get a just trade or sale...so patience is key.

Congrats on your new guitar..(damn this guitar keeps getting traded around!!!)
my sentiments exactly...
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 03:48 PM
Vendor

I think this one is trying to get top honers in total number of Forum members that have owned the same guitar
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 05:28 PM

mmmm the number of owners this guitar has had is not precisely an indicator of how much 'it's worth'
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 06:01 PM

to me... this guitar sounds like a Gibson LP... with a seven string of course. its built rock solid. Looks awesome.

anything without a brand name of course isn't going to bring top dollar, a trade is the best bet for these type guitars... patience...
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

please close

Quote:
mmmm the number of owners this guitar has had is not precisely an indicator of how much 'it's worth'
mmmmm...I don't think anyone was trying to say this. Not quite sure where this comment came from or why it is so important to concentrate on this aspect of my post when I said just disregard #2. My fault. I will have to choose my words more carefully in future posts when I ask for people's opinion. "It's worth" is great to me and I thank the positive comments people have made and will just ignore the negative ones.

Please close this thread.

Thanks.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 10:53 PM

maybe I have to choose my words more carefully. sorry for the negative comment. none of my freakin business anyway [/b]
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 10:55 PM
EKG

I don't think Caprile meant any harm or direspect, crossjem. We just all know that this particular guitar has traveled quite a bit.

Personally, I think the guitar kicks ass and you are pretty dang lucky to acquire it! I've had discussions with previous owners and each one loved it, but had to part with it for various reasons. Actually, I even almost traded for it, prior to the person you got it from

Play it and ENJOY!!!
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 11:12 PM

I suspect the reason why you're not getting much feedback on the guitar is that most members here saw and commented on it long ago, even before it was finished.

It's a fine guitar... just nothing new for us.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 11:16 PM

No other guitar got as much attention as that one did when I played it. The only guitar I had that came close was my Jackson Custom Shop Warrior, AAAA quilted top with cross inlays etc... sweet guitar.. but still this 7 won the contest for the amount of ppl that gave me great comments on it.

I'll also say that the pictures don't do it justice, it looks so much better in person. Though the pictures look awesome, but just think how it looks in person!

Also for a 7 string, this guitar stays in tune... and I think that is cause it is built so solid. The trem feel great. The action is super low with no buzz.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-30-2002, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

sorry

I know. Sorry for being so sensitive guys. Its like a new child to me and I guess I never thought people would comment negatively about it or how I would feel about that. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Eddie. You are actually who Rikk (the previous owner) told me to talk to in order to get started on my next 7 string project. For those of you who don't know, Eddie makes killer guitars and there is now a Rikk Beatty 7 string guitar that EKG guitars makes (I hope I got that name right). I bought my 7 string guitar from Rikk because he loved the one Eddie made so much he wasn't playing this one anymore!! His loss is my gain!

I wish I knew the total history of my new guitar so I would know what woods it is made of and the specs. I like knowing that stuff. I will have to try and hunt down the discussions that you guys are talking about. Thanks.

Tags
custom shop , ekg guitars , gibson les paul , gibson les paul custom , jackson custom shop , killer guitar , les paul , les paul custom , rikk beatty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode