My family shot :D - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2003, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

My family shot :D

From left to right:
Yamaha APX9C, Ibanez BTB400, Ibanez RG2820TW, Ibanez RG3120VV, Brian Moore i2000 i1.

Unfortunately, this is gonna be their last shot together

I lose the BTB400 and Brian Moore and have to sell the RG3120

I will miss those babies

James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2003, 05:37 PM

That Brian Moore is a jaw-dropper (as is the RG3120)
It really sucks that you have to part with them , I wish you luck!

May I ask why you are selling the RG3120 in stead of the RG2820? Are you going to switch the pups before you do?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2003, 05:48 PM Thread Starter

Well, when I went bankrupt, I had to declare my guitars - so part of the agreement was that they'd take my Brian Moore and BTB400.
Since being bankrupt, I am actually better off financially, so I bought the RG2820 with the understanding i would sell the RG3120.

So far, the Official Receiver hasn't collected those 2 guitars - been over a month since officially being bankrupt - so weird.

I have an Air Norton pup here and a Steve's Special on order too.
Wouldnt dream of taking out the pups from the 3120 - it DOES sound yummy and I hate to lose it

BTW with your RG2820, do u find keeping it in tune hard? Pretty sure it's just new strings and the trem settling in...

James
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-20-2003, 10:04 PM

My brother has an '03 six string version of the BTB. Lovely bass. Very easy to play.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders_destium
That Brian Moore is a jaw-dropper (as is the RG3120)
It really sucks that you have to part with them , I wish you luck!

May I ask why you are selling the RG3120 in stead of the RG2820? Are you going to switch the pups before you do?
I personally think the 2820 is a better guitar. Pickups can be changed
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 12:10 PM

Lovely collection you got there! Shame you have to give some of them up, that is a real bummer. But these things happen for a reason!

I love that Ibanez RG3120VV, verrryyyy nice!
Gary - The.Godfather
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 04:32 PM

>Wildwayz

Sorry about your bankruptcy...

There are more important things than hobbies/guitars in the world, keep that in mind! I wouldn't bet on the fact that they might have forgotten those, with the thought of losing them I'd play them like hell if I were you. They're both real nice guitars, and that Brian Moore is just astonishing!

I haven't tried putting new strings on my 2820 yet (I'm a bit scared, I don't usually change guitars that I play alot. It's in the winning team mould ), and the tuning stability nears the good old lo-pro! If I have problems I usually follow the Rich Harris remedy, and that works just fine.

I prefer the RG3120 over the RG2820, it has something to do with the grass that is always greener....
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

nope not restrung it yet - kinda scared. I looked where the strings feed through and it has red plasctic there - looks hard to line the strings up.
Anyone got a re-string guide to a Edge Pro trem?

James
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-21-2003, 05:18 PM

heh, those red plastic things are annoying, first 2 times i restrung my 1550 it took me ages to line them up and fit the ballend in the red thing.

so now i just have the ball end at the headstock and clamp the other end in the bridge (after cutting off a bit)

Tags
air norton , brian moore , edge pro trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode