Ibanez JEM Forum banner

My Fender Stratocaster "customized" "porro custom"

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Cachucaca 
#1 ·
Hi Guys i just wanted to show you my Fender Stratocaster Highway One USA Stratocaster "bastardized" by me... I call it the "Porro Custom" ...

Soon i will get better pics, but meanwhile...

- What have been dond to the Porro Custom Strat

-Scalloped Neck (i did it myself)
-White Body (used to be black)
-Done "swimming pool pickup routing" (used to be standard HSS pickup rounting) by me
-Installed 4 (yes, Four) Humbuckers (now with the "testbuckers" wich are some infinity and some esp lh pickups) soon to be replaced by 4 dimarzio pickups
-"blocked" the trem with 5 springs and some nice tension going on for a more "hardtail" look and feel
-Backwards input jack :) just for awesome fun...

so... u like it? ... i am going to have a vinyl in it, wich is goung to be a black f-hole, in honor to my ex Ibanez Pgm301...

i will get more pics later... :)

See less See more
#4 ·
i will post more pics in a lil while when i get my phone cable to transfer them to my laptop... and one day soon i will take some more awesome pics of it with a nice cam...

the sound is still not-so-awesome because they're pretty much "crappy" pickups... so i can get a goo sound of these babies but not as much as i want coz they're not THAT good... but those inf can get some nice pich harms. if i do'em right...

the wiring is preety much "standard wiring as you can do with a "fender 5 way switch"... when i buy the pickups i am going to buy a "megaswitch" ... and THERE i am able to do some crazy wiring... meanwhile is preety much like a standard strat, where the middle pickup, are the 2 middle humbuckers... nothing special rigth now...

#12 ·
i really like everithing in it ecxept the pickups, i really need to change 'em, but meanwhile they work for me...

in case you ask or even though about it :) :

- Scalloping? : for me? heaven!... i love it.. the greatest thing is i dit it myself and i looks so pro... feels amazing... i have ernie ball .08 strings in it and lets demistify the thing ok?
NO its not impossible to do chords in it
NO, actually its pretty hard or you gotta be an monster pressing the strings to get them out of tune ... and i use .08 ok? ...
NO it wont make you play faster... it'll make you have more control of your bends, the string, and vibrato... it makes bends a pleasure to play... you can only thing of the amazing things slash wold do with a scalloped guitar....
I only find kinda "harder" or weird, to do tapping... but slides are a breeze, bends are a pleasure, vibrato is awesome, it doesnt make me faster, but i like to think it does... and yes... it takes a while... like a few hours to get used to... and NO its not like you have to learn to play again... or you cant play a un.scalloped one... but once you start bending on those really low vintage frets... you miss it...

if you have tall frets you wont have all that much of a problem...

what i like about this guitar also is the cool thing aboout it havin' 4... yes... not 1... not 2... not even 3 (suck on that "LP Black Beauty") ... no no no... 4 Friggin Humbuckers... and sounds good! ... looks raw! ...

about the "dead" inlays... oh gimme a break!... theyre dots! ... i painted a freaking "fakeish tree of life" ... (and i love it cos i did it... and i like it) ... and the jack? ... barely a few people notice the jack is backwards... is so fun to have it that way ... i think its kinda practical...

sorry for the delay on the pics, my gf got my camera right now

thanks for all your good comments ant your opinions ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.