My Fender Stratocaster "customized" "porro custom" - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

My Fender Stratocaster "customized" "porro custom"

Hi Guys i just wanted to show you my Fender Stratocaster Highway One USA Stratocaster "bastardized" by me... I call it the "Porro Custom" ...

Soon i will get better pics, but meanwhile...

- What have been dond to the Porro Custom Strat

-Scalloped Neck (i did it myself)
-White Body (used to be black)
-Done "swimming pool pickup routing" (used to be standard HSS pickup rounting) by me
-Installed 4 (yes, Four) Humbuckers (now with the "testbuckers" wich are some infinity and some esp lh pickups) soon to be replaced by 4 dimarzio pickups
-"blocked" the trem with 5 springs and some nice tension going on for a more "hardtail" look and feel
-Backwards input jack just for awesome fun...

so... u like it? ... i am going to have a vinyl in it, wich is goung to be a black f-hole, in honor to my ex Ibanez Pgm301...

i will get more pics later...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 08:46 PM

Re: My Fender Stratocaster "customized" "porro custom"

For the first time im speechless we need some youtube clips on how she sounds and an explanation on the wiring diagram.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 09:01 PM

Yes! F-hole! When thats done, pics for sure! I like it, think tonal possibilities are endless with the right wiring! That's a killer guitar you have there...
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

i will post more pics in a lil while when i get my phone cable to transfer them to my laptop... and one day soon i will take some more awesome pics of it with a nice cam...

the sound is still not-so-awesome because they're pretty much "crappy" pickups... so i can get a goo sound of these babies but not as much as i want coz they're not THAT good... but those inf can get some nice pich harms. if i do'em right...

the wiring is preety much "standard wiring as you can do with a "fender 5 way switch"... when i buy the pickups i am going to buy a "megaswitch" ... and THERE i am able to do some crazy wiring... meanwhile is preety much like a standard strat, where the middle pickup, are the 2 middle humbuckers... nothing special rigth now...
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 11:41 PM

You could add another 5 way switch and have some insane pickup selections
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

is that even possible? O.o ...
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 11:49 PM

no idea
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 10:26 PM

Reviews: 2

Not my cup of tea
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 11:34 PM

In the immortal words of Kyle from South Park, "Holy sh.t, dude."
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2009, 06:41 AM

Get white pickups, put the jack back the right way, and somehow try to repair the inlays that died in the scalloping and you maybe on to something...

As it is, its kinda like, you killed it
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 01:42 AM

Looks like the good ol' Fender Marauder.

Look man, ignore everyone else. If it works for you, go with it. I personally thing it's cool, but it's not exactly what I build, because my tastes are different.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2009, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

i really like everithing in it ecxept the pickups, i really need to change 'em, but meanwhile they work for me...

in case you ask or even though about it :

- Scalloping? : for me? heaven!... i love it.. the greatest thing is i dit it myself and i looks so pro... feels amazing... i have ernie ball .08 strings in it and lets demistify the thing ok?
NO its not impossible to do chords in it
NO, actually its pretty hard or you gotta be an monster pressing the strings to get them out of tune ... and i use .08 ok? ...
NO it wont make you play faster... it'll make you have more control of your bends, the string, and vibrato... it makes bends a pleasure to play... you can only thing of the amazing things slash wold do with a scalloped guitar....
I only find kinda "harder" or weird, to do tapping... but slides are a breeze, bends are a pleasure, vibrato is awesome, it doesnt make me faster, but i like to think it does... and yes... it takes a while... like a few hours to get used to... and NO its not like you have to learn to play again... or you cant play a un.scalloped one... but once you start bending on those really low vintage frets... you miss it...

if you have tall frets you wont have all that much of a problem...

what i like about this guitar also is the cool thing aboout it havin' 4... yes... not 1... not 2... not even 3 (suck on that "LP Black Beauty") ... no no no... 4 Friggin Humbuckers... and sounds good! ... looks raw! ...

about the "dead" inlays... oh gimme a break!... theyre dots! ... i painted a freaking "fakeish tree of life" ... (and i love it cos i did it... and i like it) ... and the jack? ... barely a few people notice the jack is backwards... is so fun to have it that way ... i think its kinda practical...

sorry for the delay on the pics, my gf got my camera right now

thanks for all your good comments ant your opinions
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 09:32 PM

are all the pickups just wired to the output, cause i see no switches or pots, if that's the case, good god. also get one of those super switches from stew mac it has like 21 positions, but you might need a degree from mit to wire that thing well.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

thats not the last pic of it... thats the pic i took as soon as i finished the paint and the pickguard... im waiting for my gf to give my my cam so i can take new pics of the finished product

Tags
custom , fender , scallop , statocaster , strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode