My first 7-string! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

My first 7-string!

Hello everybody. This is actually my first post here. I just wanted to tell you about my new guitar. It's a RG1527 and it's really beautiful. So far I'm really happy with it and I hope it stays that way. I'm really looking forward to learn to play 7-string...

Anyway, here is some pics.
http://photobucket.com/albums/c230/Marcus1527/

Marcus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 10:08 AM

Re: My first 7-string!

Congrats! I have to tell you, Royal Blue is one of the sexiest finishes I've seen. Play her hard, man.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 10:16 AM

Very nice!
I love that Royal Blue colour too. My RG421 is the same colour, very nice! Anyway, how are you adjusting to the extra string so far? I have wanted to try one for a while now, but just havent had the guts yet! lol
Congrats on the guitar though, she is lovely.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.godfather
Anyway, how are you adjusting to the extra string so far?
It's only been a few hours since i bought the guitar. But I can tell you that it's much easier to play with the seventh string and the neck that is wider than I thought it would be. I mean you read everwhere about how hard it is when you first get a 7-string. But of course it's lot diffrent from what I'm used to.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 10:51 AM

Very nice guitar, you will get used to the neck very very quickly. What I do is play my UV and Jem back and forth in the same day and soon you barely notice a difference between the six and seven. The only thing I had trouble with the first day on my seven was being on the wrong string when playing. After a day or two, its automatic like a six.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 05:35 PM

yeah i just love the royal blue, and the rg1527 is pretty sweet itself too... just learn not to play too hard so the strings dont break often!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2005, 08:28 PM

very damn nice !!!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarQs
Hello everybody. This is actually my first post here. I just wanted to tell you about my new guitar. It's a RG1527 and it's really beautiful. So far I'm really happy with it and I hope it stays that way. I'm really looking forward to learn to play 7-string...

Anyway, here is some pics.
http://photobucket.com/albums/c230/Marcus1527/

Marcus.
Congrats, that is exact one I want to get.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 07:09 PM

Yeah the 7-strings are easy to adapt to. Sometimes i still get the odd "Woops wrong string grouping" or whatever but you get used to it
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-31-2005, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze_1
Congrats! I have to tell you, Royal Blue is one of the sexiest finishes I've seen. Play her hard, man.
And yet just the other day you said you thought that the exclusive black on the RG1527 was better than the royal blue

Congratz man, i got one for christmas as well and im absolutly loving it. I found it really easy to transfer to a 7-string, much easier than i thought. ive only had the problem being one string too low, which hasn't taken me long to get over. How are you finding the pickups though? im finding them really, really muddy, especially on the low B. ive switched to an 11-49 string set with an .60 low B, that helped but its still really muddy. whenever i try to do power chords on the low B it just becomes one huge mess of sound. it sounds horrible. Im probably going to go to an EMG 81-7 and 707 set. Have fun and play it hard man!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 06:42 AM

congrats i have an RG1527 in cosmic blue (although in the cosmos blue must look a lot like purple) and i love it!
i went to a blaze custom and a blaze neck and (once i got my act together with installing them correctly cos im an idiot) it sounds so good now! other minor mods include bog roll in the trem cavity (wedged between springs and backplate) to cut down on the clangy feedbacky noises and a .58 on the low string which has plenty of definition and still feels similar to all the other strings on my set of 9-42
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanez.shredder
And yet just the other day you said you thought that the exclusive black on the RG1527 was better than the royal blue
Ahem, I said it was one of the sexiest finishes I've ever seen. I just preferred black.

Tags
blaze neck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode