My first experience with GAS!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

My first experience with GAS!!

I'm assuming you can't say you have GAS with your very first guitar purchase, so now that I've found my 2nd guitar I think I can say this qualifies as GAS.

I've been eyeing the Ibanez SZ models for a while now, with the intent of buying a fixed bridge guitar. (I love my RG550MXXRF, my very first electric guitar, bought last year. But the edge trem complicates my life - alternate tunings, etc.) I knew the SZ was being discontinued, and I'd been watching pricing over the last few months at local stores, evil bay, and various online guitar stores in the US, for comparison. I also was cross-shopping between the SZ320EX, the SZ520QM, and the SZ720FM, not quite sure which I wanted.

Well I finally decided to keep it simple. I wanted a 320EX in WHITE. No flaming or quilted maple, no agonizing over whether I should get this guitar in blue, purple, red, green, orange, or whatever the case. Or whether I wanted the old fret inlays or the newer inlays, etc. (the 320EX has DOTS, nice and simple).

Anyway, fast forward to yesterday. I walked into a local music shop that sells Ibanez. I scan the racks and the only SZ I find is.... a white SZ320EX! And its on sale... $479 CDN. (for within Canada, that is a good price. Even with our dollar at par with the US, I couldn't ship one here for the same $$). They check their inventory and they actually had TWO in that color, and one was still in the box. So I didn't hesitate! I was able to put one on layaway on the spot, the one that's "new-in-box" of course.

I will be picking it up in a couple weeks after I'm back from my London trip. And I will definitely post pics when I get it.

Jason
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 05:50 PM

Re: My first experience with GAS!!

Your on the slippery slope now. Seek professional therapy now or find a friendly bank manager !! The choice is yours
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 06:02 PM

everything Mark said and then some.... I reckon there should be a help group for GAS..... I can see it now...

"hi, my name is Jason and im a GASaholic"

nice one
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 06:07 PM

Congratz and have fun in London
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

I just noticed all three of you who responded are all in the UK. Cool. Any recommendations on "must see" places to go in and around London? (if I'm allowed to hijack my own thread... LOL).

I'll be spending a few days in Ireland as well.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
everything Mark said and then some.... I reckon there should be a help group for GAS..... I can see it now...

"hi, my name is Jason and im a GASaholic"

nice one
Lol! I think my GAS is beyond help
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 07:13 PM

Well.....London is expensive!!! I say go somewhere else But i guess tourists look at things differently than me!!

Don't think you can pick up any guitar bargains over here though now the GAS has kicked in, not at our prices!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 07:14 PM

Re: My first (?) experience with GAS!!

I have the Ibanez guitars I want (JS1200 & a 570)...well except I also want a JEM, and a JS-1. Then I'll have all the guitars I need except for an ash Telecaster, and an electric 12-string. Oh yeah, I'd love a Les Paul too..., and one of those early Gibson SG's with the Les Paul styled neck would be cool. I also want a 3-tone Telecaster custom with the white binding around the body & a rosewood fingerboard.

That's about it except I also want a Dan Electro Long Horn styled Bass and Guitar, a nice mandolin, and a fretless Jazz Bass. A small box acoustic would be nice too since I already have a Guild Jumbo 12 & a Martin D-28.

Other than that I think I'm all set...I think. I don't have any kind of problem wantin' more gear. I just need more gear.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
I just noticed all three of you who responded are all in the UK. Cool. Any recommendations on "must see" places to go in and around London? (if I'm allowed to hijack my own thread... LOL).

I'll be spending a few days in Ireland as well.
There's the normal places such as Buckingham Palace, Madam Tussaudes, London Eye if you're into sight-seeing. There's a few guitar shops you can check out in central London. Get off at Tottenham Court Road on the tube, walk up Charring Cross Road and you'll find them there and Denmark St. You can have a good laugh at the prices

Dublin's great for the Guiness And for the night life, Temple Bar is very lively.

Tags
alternate tuning , alternate tunings , edge trem , electric guitar , fixed bridge , fixed bridge guitar , fret inlay , guitar shop , ibanez guitars , les paul , local music shop , quilted maple , rosewood fingerboard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode