I thought I'd share my first "real" guitar project with you all. To the luthiers in here, please don't laugh at me too hard! It's my first time...I'm sure a lot can be improved. I have learned a lot and the next guitar I build will be better as I know what NOT to do.
I bought the neck on ebay without knowing anything about Ibanez parts, so I bought an RG320DX neck made in Indonesia...If I had known better, I would have gotten a Prestige neck, or at least a MIJ neck.
I didn't take any pictures of the body when I got it. It was just a triangle of mahogany.
Just test fitting the neck.
Properly routed for the ferrules.
Started routing the pickup and trem cavities. The trem stud spacing took a lot of trial and error on a piece of scrap wood as I didn't have exact measurements.
Cut too much off the top here. =( Nothing a cavity cover can't hide...
S style input jack...I like it here best.
Ready for wiring.
Final product. I decided not to paint it. But I still might in the future.
You can't tell in the pictures, but I scallopped frets 12-24. I was told by a professional tech that I did a really good scallop job...He asked if I had done it before.
The pickup is a DiMarzio Evolution. Also, having had a ZR1 equipped guitar in the past, I knew of the arm socket issues, so I got a Schaller arm socket and bar. It's a direct replacement and I love it more than even a ZR2 arm socket.
Critiques and comments welcome, but please remember, this is the first guitar I have ever built. So don't tear me a new one if you don't have to lol!