My First J-Custom - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 11:36 PM Thread Starter

Cool My First J-Custom

I got my RG8670DR from Ishibashi on Tuesday morning. I have to say this is easily the nicest guitar I have ever played. My pics do not do it justice.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 11:48 PM

Re: My First J-Custom

Nice!! If you found that in the Ishibashi U-Box that was the exact one that was put on hold for me as I was going to pickup but ended up passing on it. Went and got an RG8670VV instead.

Congrats on the guitar and I hope you love it to death. (Welcome to the J-Custom Club )
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 12:15 AM

sweet jesus thats nice
post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 12:33 AM

very nice wow...love that vine inlay
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 12:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddroyce
Nice!! If you found that in the Ishibashi U-Box that was the exact one that was put on hold for me as I was going to pickup but ended up passing on it. Went and got an RG8670VV instead.

Congrats on the guitar and I hope you love it to death. (Welcome to the J-Custom Club )
If so thanks for passing on it, it's amazing and completely unbeatable at the price.

I'm keeping my eye out for a TB or DX now
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by btangel
very nice wow...love that vine inlay
Yeah, what's sick is the 'flat' looking leaves and dots in the pic are actually mirror. It looks 10x better in person. I think I just sat and stared at it for a few minutes when I opened the case
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 01:04 AM

wwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww thats nice
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 01:23 AM

how much was your total?
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 02:03 AM

wow, thats sexy. everytime i see a j-custom, i know thats my ideal axe. how does it sound?
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 02:29 AM

I feel so jealous Congratz !!!
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 07:55 AM

Very nice! congratulations!
post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 11:17 AM

really awesome axe.
i want one of these...
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0lv3121n3
how much was your total?
~$1300 including import duty. Or I should say it should be ~$1300, Ishibashi put a hold on my credit card for the purchase price, but never applied the actual charge and the hold has expired. So I've actually only paid the $100.66 import fee to date...

I need to call my card company and make sure the charge wasn't declined because of automatic fraud detection... they can get a little weird about international charges. test

Last edited by technomancer; 11-10-2006 at 03:59 PM.
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomancer
If so thanks for passing on it, it's amazing and completely unbeatable at the price.

I'm keeping my eye out for a TB or DX now
You and me too man. I still need a TB and a DX for my collection, but I might pass on an RG8670tb since I already have my neck thru JCRG-2 in TB. I got my Trans Violet and now I'll be getting one in Vintage Violin, only one or two more to build a wicked collection of RG8670s.

Speaking of Inlay, there are two types of Vine inlays on the JC's. Yours must actually be one of the older RG8670's where the flat leaves are actually mirror. They ended up changing the mirror with abalone some time later. I'll post pics of the difference when I recieve my RG8670VV, 'cause the VV one has the Abalone leaves and my TV one has the mirror. (I actually like the one with the mirror as it blends in so well with the trans violet and it gives the inlay some depth).

Cheers,

Budd
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
You and me too man. I still need a TB and a DX for my collection, but I might pass on an RG8670tb since I already have my neck thru JCRG-2 in TB. I got my Trans Violet and now I'll be getting one in Vintage Violin, only one or two more to build a wicked collection of RG8670s.
I'll be happy to land either one to have as a backup in case I start play out again (getting back into playing after 10 years). I was looking at a mint TV but it was gonna be over $2k by the time it was imported so I had to pass on it (was still thinking about it when the DR showed up on Ishibashi, actually). If you see a TB somewhere and decide to pass on it let me know

Quote:
Speaking of Inlay, there are two types of Vine inlays on the JC's. Yours must actually be one of the older RG8670's where the flat leaves are actually mirror. They ended up changing the mirror with abalone some time later. I'll post pics of the difference when I recieve my RG8670VV, 'cause the VV one has the Abalone leaves and my TV one has the mirror. (I actually like the one with the mirror as it blends in so well with the trans violet and it gives the inlay some depth).
I didn't know they changed the inlays... I'll look forward to the pics. I definitely agree that the depth the mirror adds is awesome.

Did you get the VV that was on Ishibashi? I almost grabbed it but decided to hold out. Now I'm debating between looking for another 8670 or a JPM90 (after that I think I'm tapped out on guitars for the year).

Last edited by technomancer; 01-19-2006 at 01:46 PM.

Tags
beautiful guitar , music store , neck thru

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode