my friends say there guitars are better then my rg570ct is it true? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 01:43 AM Thread Starter

Smile my friends say there guitars are better then my rg570ct is it true?

me and two of my other friends started a new hobby of learning to play the electric guitar we have been practicing on crap for a long time and all decided to go shopping for new guitars we all got new ones at the same time. i ran around over 50 stores looking at used guitars hoping for around 400 i could get a real steal of something in great condition that sounded much better then i could get new. I found this beautiful rg570ct made in 1995 in great condition. its an alder body version of the rg570 and it sounded great. it had a beautiful blue transparent granevure maple top that looks beautiful and wonderful looking back too. gold hardware and the pickups are so loud it makes my 15 watt amp louder then all my friends guitars on a 45 watt one. the alder wood i think to my ears make it sound amazing but you guys here would know more about this guitar then i do assuming one of you has hopefully had eperience with an ibanez like mine or my model.

one of my friends played on my guitar and loved it and said he likes mine just as much as his and said the difference between ours is just preference and i agree with him his guitar does sound good but only for solo's which is all he plays. his is a mohogany b.c rich warlock.

Now my other friend is the one getting on my nerves he never heard my guitar yet but he said he knows i dont know what i am talking about when it comes to guitars though i think he is the one who has no idea he took out his guitar a squire telecaster that costed him 170 dollors and told me to play it saying that i need to play his because he knows i dont know what a good guitar sounds like so he said his will give me a good experience. well i played it not to be rude but it sounded like crap on clean like it was faded and when we put it on dirty for rock it turning up the gain killed what ever tone his guitar had left. and half way through the song his guitar went 1/4 an octave out of tune.

is this friend just tone def and partially really just a guitar newbie even though he thinks he know a lot?

i do like my friends warlock sound though i dont love it and it feal flimsier to me but its at least a decent new guitar that he got for 400 he could have done worse.

did i shop well i thought mine was pretty rare and to my ears the best but my friends are making me feal bad like i waisted my money are they wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

Re: my friends say there guitars are better then my rg570ct is it true?

were all only 17 years old sorry for this sounding a bit immature.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 02:30 AM

Reviews: 7

You had a great find!!! An RG570 for $400 is a score. You definitely did not waste your money! If your guitar plays and sounds well to you, then it's a great guitar. Your friends might not like Ibanez guitars because they don't know guitars very well and think that American made guitars (Gibson, Fender, Dean, B.C. Rich, etc.) are the greatest thing since sliced bread, which is not true.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 02:31 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

You're right it does sound immature, but at 17 it's allowed to be. We've ALL been there (although some of the younger folks on jemsite are yet to get there and some of the older folks are still there )

Realistically for the money (not counting stupidly good bargains where the seller doesn't know what he's got and so on), there are "different" guitars for that money, but for the type of guitar in question, no "better" guitars.

People have different tastes, if your friend likes his Tele then that's greqat for him. If you like your RG, then good for you I'd have bought your guitar
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 02:49 AM Thread Starter

yeah it was just that my friend annoyed me with the stuff he said and my ears was crying from his squier. it was no better then my fake telecaster that we were using before we got decent guitars. but its not really worth stressing over. i love the way my guitar sounds and your right thats what counts.

all i know is when i went out to buy this guitar a little while ago i just played on all the guitars andy timmons new deliver us song and this one sounded the best playing that song to my ears so thats why i got it. I assume that should be a good test for picking out a quality guitar right?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 02:53 AM Thread Starter

i just hope the tone my ears like is what the majority likes and hopefully my taste of music with this tone to because while i do play for my self i really do play for others to enjoy it too though right now i only as a hobbie as i dont have the time to join band or really get out there right now as a freshman in college and a jobs. i play mostly all andy timmons, some steve vai and joe satriani, and many other solo masters
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 01:35 PM

"i just hope the tone my ears like is what the majority likes"

You can't please everybody. Also, you have to enjoy your music before other people do. If you aren't into it, it will show in your playing.

"i love the way my guitar sounds and your right thats what counts."

Absolutely. The best way to learn is to keep yourself open to new sounds, tones, guitars, amps, whatever. Play with as many people as possible and follow your ears.

Good luck, it's a fascinating and rewarding thing to learn an instrument.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 02:03 PM

a RG570ct is very good sounding and playable guitar for a nice price - the one that un-knowers could say "mmmh it's kinda cheap ! it's not a good one !"

having one, force keeping it !
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 05:59 PM

Reviews: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
You're right it does sound immature, but at 17 it's allowed to be. We've ALL been there (although some of the younger folks on jemsite are yet to get there and some of the older folks are still there )

Realistically for the money (not counting stupidly good bargains where the seller doesn't know what he's got and so on), there are "different" guitars for that money, but for the type of guitar in question, no "better" guitars.

People have different tastes, if your friend likes his Tele then that's greqat for him. If you like your RG, then good for you I'd have bought your guitar
I'm one of the younger folks! I'm only 16. I've been in that kind of situation numerous times already.

Last edited by Timbaline; 11-27-2009 at 06:16 PM.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 07:06 PM

Reviews: 2

The guy with the squire is just being an idiot, don't listen to him. Other than that, congrats on you new guitar.

If it sounds good to you, it will probably sound good to everyone else. Most people who don't play guitar don't pay much attention to the tone anyways, so it's not that big of a deal.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 08:57 PM
Banned

actually you and your friend are both right,
the difference is that in 5 yrs your friend will have spray painted the squire tele and set it on fire and you will be still playing your RG.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 03:19 AM

Reviews: 27

I agree with the others -- your RG570 for $400 is a great deal! What you have there is a guitar that you will likely not "outgrow" for a very long time. And I'd also have made that same purchase in a heartbeat.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 04:57 AM

Reviews: 34

Yep, sounds like an absolutely killer guitar for $400. I would take an alder RG any day of the week.

It is not unheard of for cheap guitars to be great, or vice versa. A guy who works in my local guitar shop swears by his knackered old Squire strat. He is an amazing player, so I trust his ear more than mine, but he one of the very few people I can say that about. I think that one of the most important thigns with cheaper guitars (i.e. less than $1,000) is the factory that they were made in. I think that it is fair to say that the Japanese RG's were of a consistently high standard and come from the Fujigen factory, where a lot of companies get their guitars made. I think that the Fender HM Strat was also made there and they are good. The only thing that lets the RG down slightly is the pickups, but even then compared to a cheap squire

Most important of all: many guitarists think that there guitar is the best ever made; is worth much more than they paid for it; and is better than any guitar anyone else has. This is entirely normal and nothing to worry about. I once had a guy swear blind that he had exactly the same guitar as I was holding at the time, which happened to be a custom paduak RG which I had made myself, with reverse headstock etc etc etc. Even when I told him that I had personally glued the body blanks, cut out and sanded it in my back garden he still insisted that he had the same guitar.

The bottom line is that you have to trust your ears and your fingers when it comes to guitars. It is your opinion that should decide what is best for you, and as I say, guitarists do that kind of thing all the time, you might as well get used to it.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 02:30 PM

I've played two RG570ct's, and both times they sounded great. It's one that I always wanted to add to my collection, but never had the money when one came up. The transparent blue one is my favorite.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 12:33 PM

Heck, I'm 47 and I still hear that crap But a 570 is a better instrument than a Squier Tele in my opinion. The next time your friend says something like that, tell him his mom dresses him funny, and your dad can kick his dad's ass.

Tags
alder , friends , ibanez , rg570ct

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode