My Guitar Progress (slow and steady) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

My Guitar Progress (slow and steady)

So, as many of you know, I have a Christopher Woods Jem body that was swirled by someone called "Biozanova" (of course I have NO IDEA who that is and the neck pocket is signed J.R. Mo... something. Dont know who that is either). I got it pretty much the way it is now. Body, pickguard, pots, knobs and the trem bushings.

So, seeing how I want to do this right, I have been slowly getting the parts I need (mixed with what I already had with it):

DiMarzio ISCV2 (Black) *
DiMarzio Norton (Black) *
DiMarzio Evo (Black) *

Ibanez Edge Trem (Cosmo) *
Needs:
- Mounting Studs

Ibanez Edge Bar *

Fender 5 Way Switch
DiMarzio Red Switch Tip
DPDT Switch for the coil tap
Jeanie Pickguard (Clear)
Smoked Chrome Knobs
Barrel Output Jack
Fender Replacement CAP MPF RDL .022uF 250V 10% *
500K Pots x 2
Felt washers (for the strap knobs) *

Here is the current state of the body:

I am not too happy with that pickguard as I feel it is too thin, so I am waiting to hear back from pickguard paradise about making me a new one. I also think for the trem/cavity covers I will want them clear as well (anyone making those?). I need the neck screws and ferrules too.

I will still need to get the mounting studs (anyone?). The big thing is going to be the neck. I would, of course, love the vine of life done in white with a black headstock, but that is the LAST thing on my list.

Once I get the body done, I will worry about the neck and I think until I can save up, I will either put the body up, or, get an RG neck for it. I was thinking of hitting a GC to find a used Ibanez with the AANJ because for what I have seen some of the necks selling for on the bay, I could almost buy a new Ibanez and strip it down, lol.

I am not sure if I got the correct CAP MPF RDL .022uF 250V 10% or not, so if anyone wants to chime in, let me know, lol!

So, that's the progress so far. Will update as I progress more.

* denotes parts that have not yet arrived/on order

Last edited by ohioplayer; 06-05-2007 at 12:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 12:18 PM

Re: My Guitar Progress (slow and steady)

It's beautiful man, I've always wanted that swirl
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 12:28 PM

Reviews: 1

Chris has a swirled pyramid inlaid neck on his site which will be for sale soon.
Look under the store link...

I would think you'd want that PG as thin as possible, since you have a rear routed body, you only want to protect the paint, not bury it.
post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm View Post
Chris has a swirled pyramid inlaid neck on his site which will be for sale soon. Look under the store link...
Droooool. Just emailed Tony about getting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm View Post
I would think you'd want that PG as thin as possible, since you have a rear routed body, you only want to protect the paint, not bury it.
True, but this PG is really REALLY thin. Guess I will have to wait and see what it looks like with the pups and edge installed.

Last edited by ohioplayer; 06-05-2007 at 12:37 PM.
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Hmmm. just realized this will make the 4th email sent to Woods Guitars regarding a neck. So far I have received 0 replies, lol. Guess I will keep looking for a neck, lol.
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 03:30 PM

That's beautiful. Like, Oreo Burst, or something. Damn I'm hungry...

Anywho, what's with the speckles around the output jack?
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 03:31 PM

Hey, nice guitar finish. Can't wait to see the finished product!
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamander In The Sun View Post
That's beautiful. Like, Oreo Burst, or something. Damn I'm hungry...

Anywho, what's with the speckles around the output jack?
I dunno. Just the way it is
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 03:45 PM

That's a really tasty swirl
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 03:50 PM

I like the way it's turning out so far..... gotta get that red single coil cover though. I think getting a neck any time soon will be a task unless you can get one from the evilbay or maybe find one on here. Check with member "ashbass". He may be able to help.

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/member.php?u=5446
post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemplayer55 View Post
I like the way it's turning out so far..... gotta get that red single coil cover though.
Got three of them en route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemplayer55 View Post
I think getting a neck any time soon will be a task unless you can get one from the evilbay or maybe find one on here. Check with member "ashbass". He may be able to help.
I am beginning to agree here. I will either have to do the bay, or hit Guitar Center and buy a used RG or something. Strip it down for the neck and toss all the other stuff for sale on here, lol. I may do that tonight.
post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-05-2007, 06:32 PM

Beautiful.
post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Small Update on the progress. Received the DiMarzio ISCV2 and the Fender Replacement CAP MPF RDL .022uF yesterday. Contacted a few people about the red DiMarzio covers and was told they were discontinued about 5 years ago, so, I had to slightly enlarge the pole holes on the red ones I have and it worked well.

So, the progress goes, and it goes slow, but this will not be a rush job. Thanks for all the comments. Oh, I wanted to point out something kind of cool. I liked the Oreo comment, but in reality, it's more of a yellow color than white. In fact, when I first got it, I wondered if it would glow in the dark because it has that sort of look at times. Other times it looks white. Depends on the lighting.
post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

More good news. If the post office is on time (HA HA HA HO HO HO) I should have the majority of my parts in hand tomorrow and the last bit here on Saturday. Once I get all that in, I will begin the wiring fun. Once that's done and the Edge is installed, I will wait to get a neck (although, I will probably just use an RG 450 DX for the time being).
post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 02:34 AM Thread Starter

Just sent my 4th email to Chris Woods about that neck he is selling. Hopefully he will contact me soon ... I even told him he has a definite sale, lol.

Tags
black headstock , bobbin toppers , bridge pup , cavity cover , chris woods , christopher woods , chrome knobs , clear coat , coil tap , david mccarroll , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio norton , edge trem , evo bridge , ibanez edge trem , ibanez jem , ibanez neck , jem bfp , locking nut , neck pup , neck screws , norton neck , pickguard paradise , pro edge , string lock , string tree , swirled jem , tone zone , trem studs , truss rod , truss rod cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode