My Ibanez Custom Model - what would yours be? - Page 4 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 02:39 PM

Mine's essentially the same as my Jem7vWH, but with a mahog artist body. edge/lopro and all. and maybe the non-pointy 3-a-side headstock.

[ed add] oh, and a killswitch. a red killswitch.

~A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 10:14 AM

Well, I hope that anyone cares.
I've thought a long time about my 'dream' Ibanez, and found out I've just invented the JS-6, lol. The only differences would be cosmetical.
post #48 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 05:24 PM

RG body(alder), red, red mirror guard, one angled single sized hum(Fast Track 2, red) , one volume knob (red)in the tone spot with a push/pull switch allowing parallel from the PU, LoPro Edge, Wizard neck, 20" radius, #6000 frets, maple/ebony neck with red dots.

(EDIT): after now hearing about Caparison Guitars, my dream axe would have to be 27 frets, with an extra deep cutaway on the treble side horn.
post #49 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 05:34 PM

• 7 strings
  • 27" scale
  • JS body (figured walnut)
  • Neck thru (5-piece maple with 2 bubinga stripes)
  • Bound ebony fretboard
  • 24 frets (Dunlop 6105)
  • Seymour Duncan '59 neck
  • Seymour Duncan JB bridge
  • 1 vol, 1 tone, push-pull on each for series/parallel pickup switching
  • Three-way toggle
  • Angled output jack
  • Fixed bridge, strings through body
  • Angled 4+3 bound headstock similar to Iceman or Soundgear design (11 degree tilt, straight string pull)
  • GraphTech nut
  • Sperzel locking tuners
  • Figured walnut headstock veneer to match body
  • Tung oil finish on entire guitar
  • Schaller strap locks
  • Chrome hardware
post #50 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 09:23 AM

Myne would be :

- Chrome JS 10th body ;
- A JEM 10th fingerboard;
- a fixed bridge;
- ... My name instead of "JS SERIES" on the headstock .
post #51 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren wilson
  • 7 strings
  • 27" scale
  • JS body (figured walnut)
  • Neck thru (5-piece maple with 2 bubinga stripes)
  • Bound ebony fretboard
  • 24 frets (Dunlop 6105)
  • Seymour Duncan '59 neck
  • Seymour Duncan JB bridge
  • 1 vol, 1 tone, push-pull on each for series/parallel pickup switching
  • Three-way toggle
  • Angled output jack
  • Fixed bridge, strings through body
  • Angled 4+3 bound headstock similar to Iceman or Soundgear design (11 degree tilt, straight string pull)
  • GraphTech nut
  • Sperzel locking tuners
  • Figured walnut headstock veneer to match body
  • Tung oil finish on entire guitar
  • Schaller strap locks
  • Chrome hardware
Hellishly close to mine actually,I'd go for a mahogany jem pbk/rb style body,Thats the only real differance,Oh and Evo's ... Don't spose you like Les Pauls and telecaster thinlines as well do you ?

Rob
post #52 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 10:38 PM

Rg Body Style
Trans Green with Quilt Top and full neck and body binding
Green Jungle Vine (ala LGM's sample on his website)
Matching quilt headstock.
Neck through with Tung Oiled neck
Two Paf Pro Pups
Double Edge Pro with Block installed
Locking Tuners (would has have a lock nut as well)
Wizard neck profile
Stainless Steel Jumbo Frets
Built in MIDI capabilities

There....... Id be willing to buy this RIGHT NOW. It's everything I want in a guitar. The double edge bridge RULES, I love mine, and id love to have MIDI capabilities. If such a guitar WERE built, id BUY it right now, however it just wont happen
post #53 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 03:00 AM

anything with a 3way DiMarzio toggle (like the JPMs) and no jem single in the middle!
post #54 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-30-2003, 11:50 AM

I would get another j custom RG8527VV (I have one and I LOVE it).. but with flamed maple binding up the fingerboard and around the headstock to match the body. neck-thru construction tung oiled (very nice). J custom neck profile, not the same as the wizards. pau abalone vine inlay or some inlay that run up the entire fretboard. piezos in the bridge. custom dimarzio pickups to get the best sound. a 3 way switch with coil tap, not ibanez's weird 5 way thing. it's ok, but i think 3 way with coil tap would be more versatile.
some other colors i have thought about are a nice trans blood red with gold hardware, trans black burst with gold hardware .. or (i have never seen this and it might look strange) a trans silver kinda with like a metallic blue hardware with matching metallic pickup covers. (kinda remind me of a beefed up honda civic color scheme, silver paint blue wheels). It may look great, it may look terrible.. but it would be interesting to see. the vintage violin is still my favorite.
post #55 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-30-2004, 09:55 PM

A Lefty Jem Blue Floral would be nice.
post #56 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 09:38 AM

Radius/JS body with the original jack placement. Alder. H-S-H, but not sure exactly WHAT H-S-H.

Maple neck, bound ebony board, medium jumbo stainless frets, compound radius board, abalone blocks. Ultra neck, but with 43mm width - maybe like a JCM?

Reverse blueburst finish, with cosmo black hardware. Regular Edge trem.

And then another just like it, but with no trem.
post #57 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 03:24 PM

Ideal Ibanez......

BODY
Original Heel RG Body in Swamp Ash with highly figured Bookmatched Maple Top & cream Binding. Fixed Bridge, thru body string guides. Rear Routed. Direct mounted Pick Ups. Jem type angled jack input. Finished in Natural, satin .
ELECTRICS
Di Marzio PAF PRO in Neck
Di Marzio EVOLUTION in Bridge
5 way switch w/tone & Volume
BRIDGE
Gotoh Fixed
Neck
Same profile as JEM7BSB neck but w/maple board
No inlays.
Frets 20-24 scalloped
6105 frets
Brass nut
Sperzel locking machineheads

Gold hardware

I want, I want..
post #58 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 11:00 PM

Reviews: 6
the one Shawn Lane plays in his instructional video. RIP Shawn
post #59 of 71 (permalink) Old 01-31-2004, 11:33 PM

Well, after more than a year, I think I'm allowed to give a more recent custom design

(7-string and 6-string versions of these)

RG-style body
AANJ
Strat-feel sorta neck (modelled after my Squier if possible)
Maple neck
Rosewood fretboard
No inlays
27"-scale for 7-string and baritone 6-string, 25.5"-scale for 6-string
24-frets
Alder body w/ flame maple top
Trans. black burst finish
Piezo-ed Hardtail
Locking tuners

Wiring:
H-S-H (vintage-sounding neck pickup, must sound Strat-y when split, more modern bridge pickup, must sound good split, Strat-sounding middle pickup)
1 volume, 1 tone
2 coil split switches (push-pull pots?)
3-way blade switch for neck/bridge pickups
On/off switch for middle pickup
Kill switch for bridge/neck pickups
Piezo volume
Piezo on/off
Separate mag./piezo outputs

(of course this is all assuming I could only have one basic design, in reality, I'd be worse than Munky and Head for getting custom's made )

Here's a basic idea of what it'd look like (the controls would be a little more cleaned up though most likely).

post #60 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-02-2004, 10:00 PM

My custom would be based on the rg565 config, with an evolution in the bridge, and a fast track 2 in the neck. Volume control only, and it would be located like the PGM volume, all by its self, away from everything else. Maple neck with a birdseye maple fretboard, same profile as the Jem, but with jumbo frets. Quilted maple top, matching headstock, with a light transparent blue finish, bursted around the edges. Fretboard markers would colormatch the body.

Tags
aanj neck , abalone binding , abalone dot inlays , abalone dots , abalone vine , air norton , air norton neck , alder body , alternate tuning , alternate tunings , angled jack , birdseye maple neck , black headstock , body shape , bridge pickup , bridge pickups , bubinga neck , caparison guitars , chrome hardware , chrome jem , coil split , coil splitting , coil tap , condenser mic , cosmo black hardware , custom guitar , custom ibanez , darren wilson , dimarzio breed , dimarzio chopper , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf pro , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dimarzio pups , dimarzio strap , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , dimarzio virtual paf , direct mounted pickups , dot inlay , dot inlays , double edge bridge , double edge pro , double edge trem , ebmm silhouette , ebony board , ebony fingerboard , ebony fret board , ebony fretboard , ebony neck , edge bridge , edge pro bridge , edge trem , equipped guitar , evo bridge , fernandes sustainer , fixed bridge , flame maple , flamed maple , fret aanj , fret aanj neck , fret access , fret board , fret neck , gotoh tuners , hardtail bridge , headstock overlay , jack socket , jackson soloist , jem neck , jem pbk , john petrucci , jumbo frets , les paul , les pauls , lock nut , locking tuners , magnetic pickups , mahogany body , mahogony body , maple binding , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , master tone , matic bridge , mini toggle , monkey grip , mounted pickups , neck humbucker , neck joint , neck pickup , neck pickups , neck position , neck scale , neck thru , neck thru body , norton neck , paf pro , paf pro neck , paf pro pickups , pickup cover , pickup switch , pickup switching , piezo system , pro edge , pro neck , pro pickups , pull tone , pyramid inlay , quilted maple , reverse headstock , reversed headstock , rosewood board , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , schaller strap locks , seymour duncan , seymour duncan custom , seymour duncan jazz , shawn lane , sperzel locking , sperzel locking tuners , stainless frets , stainless steel frets , steel frets , strap lock , strap locks , strat style , string thru body , sunburst finish , super wizard neck , swamp ash , toggle switch , tone zone , tone zone bridge , tung oil , tuning system , upper fret , upper fret access , viper neck , virtual paf , walnut neck , wizard neck profile , zone bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode