My Ibanez Custom Model - what would yours be? - Page 5 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 04:40 AM

Hm..... my custom guitar.... my custom guitar (I like the sound of those words )...

Well, I am very glad with my Radius... so it'd be a Radius too...

Quote:
- Radius Body
- Ultra Neck (22 Frets will do it fo me)
- SSH - and I'd stick to the IBZUSA-PUs (though adding a fernandes sustainer could be an option)
- headstock in the same color as the body
- color... hm... I like mine (red-burst, though burst blue would be an option too)
- One Volume, one tone.. and one five-way-switch (plus push-pull to split the HB)
Quote:
"Custom Radius #1"
- Double Edge with both, Acoustic and GK-Ready Options
- A nice onboard-Preamp for Acoustic sound (like the RMC-stuff Godin uses)
Quote:
"Custom Radius #2"
- String-Thru-Body
- Gibraltar Bridge... one with Piezos to give me the same possibilities as with Custom #1
- Same Onboard-Preamp as on Custom #1
That'd be a start....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyNero
- color... hm... I like mine (red-burst, though burst blue would be an option too)
I always thought that a good variation of the blueburst and redburst would be if you had a flip flop color under the black Or if you had say, flip flop undercoat, then choose one of the "flip" colors and burst with that. Then the "burst" section would seem to appear and disappear in different light.
post #63 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankfalbo
I always thought that a good variation of the blueburst and redburst would be if you had a flip flop color under the black Or if you had say, flip flop undercoat, then choose one of the "flip" colors and burst with that. Then the "burst" section would seem to appear and disappear in different light.
A Chameleon-Guitar.... that be great stuff!!! Like these stuff people have that show emotions.... you feel sad, the guitar goes blue... you feel good... green... you are angry... RED

Why didn't any guitarbuilder come with that?????
post #64 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-03-2004, 08:14 PM

Neck:
5 piece maple/bubinga neck through (but with a piece of mahogony on the bottom for the body end like jackson soloists)
slightly thicker profile than a wizard but thinner than a wizard II
Ebony Fretboard, abalone off set dots
24 frets
jumbo frets
matching quilt headstock with abalone logo (with the swoosh )

Body (rg style body):
Mahogony wings and underside of neck/AAAA quilt maple top
Trans black finish
direct mount H/H pickups
angled jack

Electronics and Hardware:
Dimarzio Tone Zone (b)/Air Norton (n)
js style switchin with push pull pot.cosmo white hardware
Edge pro bridge (with 02 studs and anchors)

Much like the J custom RG1-TB but with my following mods, most notably the piece of mahogony underneither the neck material on the body. I really hope I was clear explaining this.
post #65 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-04-2004, 06:01 AM

Ummmkayyy.

Mahagony radius body
WizardII neck, rosewood, plain dot inlays, 43mm nut width
Black & White sunburst
Chrome Hardware
Lo-Pro Edge
Duncan Custom, Blue Velvet, Air Norton PUs

That's it!
post #66 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-06-2004, 02:07 PM

RG body, alder or basswood
Seymour Duncan Custom in bridge
Seymour Duncan Jazz in neck
27" scale
Edge Pro bridge w/ Tremsetter
One volume, no tone knob
5-way switch
Jem style output jack
AANJ
5 piece Prestige Maple neck with Ebony fretboard
Black finish with all black hardware
Blank fretboard, with my bands logo at the 12th fret
post #67 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 07:14 PM

I'm currently working on the design for these guitars, with hopes of having the first two finished this year sometime.

Custom #1

Body based on Radius, but with deeper cutaways to accomodate a 24-fret AANJ neck.
- Basswood, Chromalusion finish
Wizard neck lifted from a 570
- dots replaced with MOP, matching headstock with custom logo
Electronics
- Steve's Special/Air Norton, direct mount
- JS control layout
- JPM wiring with high-pass filter like JS

Custom #2

Similar to #1, but with figured mahogany body, mahogany headstock overlay, oil finish, and Evos.

Custom #3 This one is just an idea...no production plans.

Body silhouette same as above, but with RG-style contours
5-pc. maple/walnut neck through mahogany body
- Wizard profile
- Ebony fingerboard, 24 6105 frets, JPM-style abalone dots
- Ibanez-shaped angled headstock
Quilted maple drop-top only covering the mahogany wings
Same hardware/electronics config as above, except gold hardware and Breed pickups.
post #68 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 06:51 AM Thread Starter

This has got to be the longest running thread I've ever started. I probably have entirely different taste in guitars by now

....Still Ibanez though, of course.
post #69 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 11:26 AM

Reviews: 1
Black RG-550 style with creme binding on the body and neck, TZ bridge, Fred Neck pickups with the basic S1 single in the mid.
Blank ebony fretboard, Dunlop 6105 fretwire, and JEM radius.
Available in a double edge 6 or 7 model all stock with the Tremol-no system and or an available hardtail as well. Then maybe have a yin model that is a white body, plain maple neck but with black binding same pups or maybe EVOs to thinken up the maple sound a tad.

My needs are simple...

Bamm
post #70 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 04:13 PM

I would have a figured Walnut body ith a basic oil finish, a gold Edge trem and 2 gold covered Dimazio pickups (Air Norton neck and either a Fred/Norton in the bridge and a gold tele neck pickup in the middle.) Obviously a solid 1 peice maple neck with dot inlays. A thick C shaped neck in a steinberger profile and stainless steel frets.

I am easy to please them

post #71 of 71 (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 06:39 AM

Why stick with just one

This is what my current project RT650 will look like in a few weeks (at least I hope it will ). Normally I would say that my custom Iba should have a lo-pro, but since I'm not planning of dumping my lo-pro equipped guitars I will go with the PGMish stoptail!

Natural alder body
Golden Gotoh stoptail (it has a chrome singlelocking trem now)
Other hardware chrome as well
Ebonized fretboard (well it was rosewood to start with)
Evo/Jem single/Evo pups
Viper neck (great profile, it's standard on the RT650)

That's about it
This is what it looks with the ugly maple top removed and ebonized fretboard:

Tags
aanj neck , abalone binding , abalone dot inlays , abalone dots , abalone vine , air norton , air norton neck , alder body , alternate tuning , alternate tunings , angled jack , birdseye maple neck , black headstock , body shape , bridge pickup , bridge pickups , bubinga neck , caparison guitars , chrome hardware , chrome jem , coil split , coil splitting , coil tap , condenser mic , cosmo black hardware , custom guitar , custom ibanez , darren wilson , dimarzio breed , dimarzio chopper , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf pro , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dimarzio pups , dimarzio strap , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , dimarzio virtual paf , direct mounted pickups , dot inlay , dot inlays , double edge bridge , double edge pro , double edge trem , ebmm silhouette , ebony board , ebony fingerboard , ebony fret board , ebony fretboard , ebony neck , edge bridge , edge pro bridge , edge trem , equipped guitar , evo bridge , fernandes sustainer , fixed bridge , flame maple , flamed maple , fret aanj , fret aanj neck , fret access , fret board , fret neck , gotoh tuners , hardtail bridge , headstock overlay , jack socket , jackson soloist , jem neck , jem pbk , john petrucci , jumbo frets , les paul , les pauls , lock nut , locking tuners , magnetic pickups , mahogany body , mahogony body , maple binding , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , master tone , matic bridge , mini toggle , monkey grip , mounted pickups , neck humbucker , neck joint , neck pickup , neck pickups , neck position , neck scale , neck thru , neck thru body , norton neck , paf pro , paf pro neck , paf pro pickups , pickup cover , pickup switch , pickup switching , piezo system , pro edge , pro neck , pro pickups , pull tone , pyramid inlay , quilted maple , reverse headstock , reversed headstock , rosewood board , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , schaller strap locks , seymour duncan , seymour duncan custom , seymour duncan jazz , shawn lane , sperzel locking , sperzel locking tuners , stainless frets , stainless steel frets , steel frets , strap lock , strap locks , strat style , string thru body , sunburst finish , super wizard neck , swamp ash , toggle switch , tone zone , tone zone bridge , tung oil , tuning system , upper fret , upper fret access , viper neck , virtual paf , walnut neck , wizard neck profile , zone bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in