My Ibanez Custom Model - what would yours be? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-13-2001, 11:04 AM Thread Starter

My Ibanez Custom Model - what would yours be?

Mine would be:

An RG body, mahogany with flame maple top

mirror pickguard

2 dimarzio 'buckers, a TZ in the bridge, AN in the neck

fixed hardtail

piezo pup

birdseye maple neck w/ ebony board, no inlays

reversed headstock

smoke chrome hardware

I may not have the bucks now, but when I finish college and get my computer nerd job, I'd probably afford a custom.
I wish Ibanez would do customs, like Jackson or ESP, but more reasonably priced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-13-2001, 01:12 PM

My Ibanez Custom Model

Ooh...good topic ! I have three that i can think of at the moment: one is mahagony body, 1/4 inch thick flame/quilt top in transparent white { matching headstock, too }, Duoble Edge bridge, *Tone Zone and Air Nortin pickups, 5- way switch, black chrome hardware { gold would be the obvious choice, but i beleive that would be TOO much ! }, AANJ, birdseye maple neck, Ebony board, two blue/green abalone dots at twelfth fret, blue/green abalone binding on neck and headstock...oh yeah, and a PBC tension -free neckwith 6105 frets.The same guitar in forest green and with copper-coloured hardware { flat finish } would be gorgeous, too. Number two is : mahagony body, 1/4 inch Lacewood top { matching headstock } in a natural flat finish, fixed bridge string-thru with Piezo, Tone Zone and Paf Pro pickups, 5 way-switch, black chrome hardware, AANJ, Birdseye maple neck, ebony board, PBC tension-free neck with 6105's,white binding down neck and headstock and white dot corner inlays, ala USRG { if not those inlays, i would opt for a sinlge abalone inlay at the 12th fret }. If i were a rock star/millionare-type, i would have all of these in 7 and 6 string versions ! *So what do you guys think? I've had those designs floating around in my head for a while now...cool topic, -+-Ben- +-
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-13-2001, 04:13 PM

My Ibanez Custom Model

My Ibanez custom model (in progress) can be found here: http://users.skynet.be/bs981341/ (Go to specs)
It's not that special, but worth a look.

Cheers,
Joten
post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-13-2001, 07:15 PM

My Ibanez Custom Model

Mine would be...

- S body, but slightly thicker
- mahogany w/flamed (or quilted) maple top
- light amber/brown (or V V) stain...just enough to enhance the grain
- matching headstock
- probably TZ/AN
- Lo-Pro in cosmo chrome
- JPM knob placement

Greg
post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-13-2001, 08:19 PM

My Ibanez Custom Model

Quote:
Quote: from gkelm on 6:15 pm on Sep. 13, 2001
Mine would be...

- matching headstock
- probably TZ/AN
- Lo-Pro in cosmo chrome
- JPM knob placement

Greg
Make it 7 string w/ Piezo's and I'll buy one too.
post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-13-2001, 08:29 PM

My Ibanez Custom Model

Great topic.

For me it would be chrome JEM, what a surprise, with an ebony fretboard and pyramid inlay...oh yeah, minus the middle pup.
post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-13-2001, 10:25 PM

My Ibanez Custom Model

OK, Jeffrey, good idea. *We'll offer both the S6540FM and S7540FM with the Double Edge.
Greg
post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-13-2001, 11:45 PM

My Ibanez Custom Model

Mine would have an ax body, 2 1/2" mohagany back, 1/2" AAA flame maple top, set mohagany neck(slightly wider than the gibson rounded '59 profile), bound ebony fingerboard w/abolone tree of life, string thru body w/chrome tune-o-matic bridge, and chrome covered DiMarzio virtual pafs in both positions. A sweet tone machine, what more could you want?:love:
post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-14-2001, 12:41 AM

My Ibanez Custom Model

for me it would be a pgm 90th without the painted f holes. not that they bother me, it's just they scream PG, not caprile!!
post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-14-2001, 01:09 AM

My Ibanez Custom Model

Heh, mine is easy:

This http://www.ibanez.co.jp/japan/el_gui...x/rgr1220.html, with the hardware color changed to chrome, and a pair of purple Breeds thrown in..
post #11 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-14-2001, 06:02 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
My Ibanez Custom Model

Currently I'm leaning towards a JEM10 :biggrin:

OR Gabe's custom version of it, but with chrome hardware
post #12 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-14-2001, 08:05 AM

My Ibanez Custom Model

Wizard neck, mahogony body with flame birchwoord top, monkey grip, deeper than normal tremelo cavity route (on both the trem post pit and the actual cavity), Lo Pro trem, steel rivits in neck, pueple translucent sunburst finish. Sort of like the picture below. Well, actually exactly like it

http://www.mcilroy.co.uk/pics/me/jamesguitar3.jpg

This was my dream guitar (apart from a few screw ups by the luthire, but I didn't care). So I think this would be it, but with a reverse colour matched headstock this time (and the sabre style input jack).

If anyone sees it, it's nicked...

Oh, by the way, Excuse the long haired muppet in the photograph...

Edit:
Seeing as it's gone now anyway, might as well add a productive description of what I'd love at the moment!

->7string.
->24 fret Figured Maple Neck (UV style)
->Rosewood Fretboard w side dots, matching body (incl finish)
->Reverse Headstock with matching finish to body(w flame birchwood)
->5 bolt neck joint, with metal rivets in neck.
->Body:mahogony w flame birchwood top
->Body:H/S/H pickup, rear routed *body w monkey grip + deepened edge trem routing. UV style but with the upper horn a tad bit longer, and overall about an inch thicker. Maybe with lions claw...
->transparent grey->black sunburst finish.
->5 way selector switch + 2 push/pull (vol tone) pots + other gubbins for piezo's.
->double edge tremelo (piezo's! Yay!)
->Tone Zone(bridge) + BlazeII(s) + ???(neck)

basically like the last one, but a bit better

(Edited by 7 Dying Trees at 11:50 am on Sep. 17, 2001)
post #13 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-14-2001, 12:26 PM

My Ibanez Custom Model

This is a wickid topic!! I've been thinking about this all through my lunch hour. Heres my two cents worth:

Jem Body (Alder), AANJ and large monkey grip.

Chrome pick guard, chrome pickups (Evo in the bridge, Jem single coil and PAF Pro in the Neck position).

Black knobs and switches.

Jem neck with ebony fret board and solid silver and abalone pyramids.

Black headstock with silver logos and Cosmo Black hardware all round.

I'll get off now cos I'm starting to drool like Homer S!!

Matt
post #14 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-14-2001, 01:40 PM

My Ibanez Custom Model

Quote:
Quote: from jeffrey on 8:19 pm on Sep. 13, 2001
Quote:
Quote: from gkelm on 6:15 pm on Sep. 13, 2001
Mine would be...

- matching headstock
- probably TZ/AN
- Lo-Pro in cosmo chrome
- JPM knob placement

Greg
Make it 7 string w/ Piezo's and I'll buy one too.
change the VV finish for brushed oil and most importanly make it FREE and there is mine
post #15 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-14-2001, 11:24 PM

My Ibanez Custom Model

Here's mine, there's two of 'em, they're gonna have a lot of switches:

Rg-7 style body
AANJ
Lo-Pro
Same p-ups as a UV (Black)
Mahogany Body w/ Flame maple top
trans-black finish
matching headstock
No inlays except a large "2" at the 12th fret
Gold Hardware
1 vol (for all), 1 tone (for neck p-up)
3-way p-up selector (neck-both-bridge)
on/off for middle
on/off for 3-way selector (turns off neck and bridge p-ups)
kill switch
coil tap switches for bridge and neck p-up (neck side-both-bridge side)
Wizard-7 neck
Jumbo Frets

Same except 6-string w/ self-tuning bridge by Transperformance

Hey, I've got picky tastes. lol *See, I love 7-strings, and Vai-style stuff, but I also love alternate tunings. *Maybe add a sustainer to the 7-string.

(Edited by Two hands31 at 1:50 pm on Sep. 16, 2001)

Tags
aanj neck , abalone binding , abalone dot inlays , abalone dots , abalone vine , air norton , air norton neck , alder body , alternate tuning , alternate tunings , angled jack , birdseye maple neck , black headstock , body shape , bridge pickup , bridge pickups , bubinga neck , caparison guitars , chrome hardware , chrome jem , coil split , coil splitting , coil tap , condenser mic , cosmo black hardware , custom guitar , custom ibanez , darren wilson , dimarzio breed , dimarzio chopper , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf pro , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , dimarzio pups , dimarzio strap , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tone zone , dimarzio virtual paf , direct mounted pickups , dot inlay , dot inlays , double edge bridge , double edge pro , double edge trem , ebmm silhouette , ebony board , ebony fingerboard , ebony fret board , ebony fretboard , ebony neck , edge bridge , edge pro bridge , edge trem , equipped guitar , evo bridge , fernandes sustainer , fixed bridge , flame maple , flamed maple , fret aanj , fret aanj neck , fret access , fret board , fret neck , gotoh tuners , hardtail bridge , headstock overlay , jack socket , jackson soloist , jem neck , jem pbk , john petrucci , jumbo frets , les paul , les pauls , lock nut , locking tuners , magnetic pickups , mahogany body , mahogony body , maple binding , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , master tone , matic bridge , mini toggle , monkey grip , mounted pickups , neck humbucker , neck joint , neck pickup , neck pickups , neck position , neck scale , neck thru , neck thru body , norton neck , paf pro , paf pro neck , paf pro pickups , pickup cover , pickup switch , pickup switching , piezo system , pro edge , pro neck , pro pickups , pull tone , pyramid inlay , quilted maple , reverse headstock , reversed headstock , rosewood board , rosewood fingerboard , rosewood fretboard , schaller strap locks , seymour duncan , seymour duncan custom , seymour duncan jazz , shawn lane , sperzel locking , sperzel locking tuners , stainless frets , stainless steel frets , steel frets , strap lock , strap locks , strat style , string thru body , sunburst finish , super wizard neck , swamp ash , toggle switch , tone zone , tone zone bridge , tung oil , tuning system , upper fret , upper fret access , viper neck , virtual paf , walnut neck , wizard neck profile , zone bridge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode