My new addition! USRG30TP - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 01:56 AM Thread Starter

Smile My new addition! USRG30TP

I've been wanting one of these bad boyz since 96'. I finally got her on Tuesday.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 02:04 AM

Re: My new addition! USRG30TP

Hey there nice guitar... but ....... I prefer your Jem better
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 02:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2tom
Hey there nice guitar... but ....... I prefer your Jem better

Thanks! and as far as looks go the jem7brmr is sweet.You could face it at the USRG30 and it would look just like it but my jem7vwh plays the fastest for me. Its gonna take some time getting the feel for the neck on the 30. It does sound and play nice though.

Andy
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 02:19 AM

Yeah the Jem sounds great and plays cool...... but the first time I handled the Jem7v it was like a wild stallion... it's very hard to control if your playing is sloppy ... the evo pickups will punish you heavily if you play like crap... but now my playing cleaner than ever thank you to the great jem
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 02:19 AM

Congrats! That is sweet. Very nice.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 02:37 AM

SWEET USRG man, congratz. I never liked that bulky headstock logo on those though. Doesn't look right IMHO.

Regards

André

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 08:23 AM

Woah, that is nice!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi
SWEET USRG man, congratz. I never liked that bulky headstock logo on those though. Doesn't look right IMHO.

Regards

André
Yup, the best logo for me is the Prestige logo. Classy . Anyway, nice axe. I definitely like the top!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 03:47 PM

wonderful guitar... and now, how does it play?...
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi

Regards

André

Agreed the prestige logo always looks the best but the usa custom logo looks fine as well. nice flame top! on my RG520 it has that trans blue paint which is really hard to see the flame through which is really annoying , do you know what pickups it has?
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 05:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanez.shredder
Agreed the prestige logo always looks the best but the usa custom logo looks fine as well. nice flame top! on my RG520 it has that trans blue paint which is really hard to see the flame through which is really annoying , do you know what pickups it has?
She plays and sounds beautiful. Such a smooth and flat neck. I really like the small fret wire. I have a 520qs trans black that looks brown. Its also hard to see the flamed top, but not as hard as the blue. As for the pickups, I guess your asking whats in the USRG30, Bridge is a Tone Zone, Neck is a Paf Pro. I am considering installing new pickups and controls in this beauty to freshen it up a bit. The trem needs to be gone thru cause when you bend notes up, the guitar goes sharp. When you bend it down shes back in tune. weird huh?
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 07:07 AM

nup. you will find that all double locking trems do that. nothing to worry about. how sharp is it? can you hear it by ear? cause if it is really obvious by ear maybe you should have it looked at. haha sorry mate but i thank god that my RG520 isnt that crap brown colour (jemsite members lovingly refer to it as 'poo brown'). no offence man. eventualy when ive finished my custom RG1570 and have bought my dream ibanez JPM-P1 (you dont know anybody selling a JPM? a P1, P2, P3 or P4) im gonna the RG refinished in the trans aqua blue thats on some of the older RG3120s
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM7BRMR
She plays and sounds beautiful. Such a smooth and flat neck. I really like the small fret wire.

I was asking because sometimes I hear that those Dave Bunker's neck are weird... also, how small is the fretwire? I remember that they hadn't jumbo fret, but I always believed the difference to be minimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM7BRMR
The trem needs to be gone thru cause when you bend notes up, the guitar goes sharp. When you bend it down shes back in tune. weird huh?

well, no, it's not so unusual
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanez.shredder
nup. you will find that all double locking trems do that. nothing to worry about. how sharp is it? can you hear it by ear? cause if it is really obvious by ear maybe you should have it looked at. haha sorry mate but i thank god that my RG520 isnt that crap brown colour (jemsite members lovingly refer to it as 'poo brown'). no offence man. eventualy when ive finished my custom RG1570 and have bought my dream ibanez JPM-P1 (you dont know anybody selling a JPM? a P1, P2, P3 or P4) im gonna the RG refinished in the trans aqua blue thats on some of the older RG3120s

I think there's a P1 on that very evil auction site

Tags
evo pickups , fret wire , ibanez jpm , locking trems , paf pro , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

usrg30tp
guitar usa custom ibanez usrg30tp
for sale usrg30tp
USRG30TP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode