My new Agile 8 string Intrepid Std Lefty Bloodburst - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

My new Agile 8 string Intrepid Std Lefty Bloodburst

The neck is actually fairly thin, which surprised me, feels much better than my 7 String Hellraiser. I think its 22 mm at the nut compared to 17-19 for ibbys. The Radius is only 15" but since its soooo wide it feels almost perfectly flat. The pickups sound good, but I don't really have anything else to compare them to since I never played anything with any other 8 string pickups on them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 01:54 PM

Re: My new Agile 8 string Intrepid Std Lefty Bloodburst

Wow, that's a wide fretboard man! I think I'd either end up getting lost on it or noodling aimlessly all over it. The guitar looks great though, pops to them making it lefty!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 02:33 PM

Reviews: 1

I like it. Very simple and classy, especially without any inlays. I too would be confounded by 2 more strings than usual. I tip my hat to you at being able to play such a beast.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 04:13 PM

id send it back if i were you, its all backwards...

Other than that it looks like a nice guitar. I like the look of them loads, nice and simple. Have fun with it! Maybe a youtube vid is in order??
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 05:36 PM

Nice! I like the fretboard!
Arenīt those pickups lundgreen m8s?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 05:38 PM

Reviews: 120

That looks amazing. How much were these going for again? Beautiful guitars. I'm keen to try some Agiles, its' a pity though that the US-AU $ conversion sucks again though.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 06:58 PM

Sweet...I'm looking into getting something from their custom shop....I just don't know when Kurt is opening back up and taking orders....
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-05-2009, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMatt142 View Post
Sweet...I'm looking into getting something from their custom shop....I just don't know when Kurt is opening back up and taking orders....
The custom shop was open a few weeks ago, I don't know if it still is or not.

This guitar with case was around $700. If you wan't to explore the 8 string realm without spending a ton these are the way to go.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 02:14 AM

Reviews: 12

... that thing is a beast and a half!
You say it's pretty thin @22m at the nut? Would like to read a 1-1 comparison with the RG2228 [sans the pickups]. I've tried the RG2228 while back and i thought the neck was wizard thin but REALLY wide... then again, I have small hands but very playable nonetheless!

Reg
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgk7 View Post
Nice! I like the fretboard!
Arenīt those pickups lundgreen m8s?
They do look alot like them, but they are Cepheus "Alpha" passive pickup in the bridge position and Cepheus "Beta" in the neck position. Agile pups. I have an Intrepid standard from the first batch...awesome guitar. I also have the Ibanez RG2228, but I prefer the Agile...sounds much better...that has alot to do with the scale lenght I believe, but the pup sounds awesome in my oppinion...I won't be swapping mine out anytime soon...now I'm just waiting for my dual standard in ghost burst
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 07:31 AM

Really really nice!!! Congrats!
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasbane View Post
... that thing is a beast and a half!
You say it's pretty thin @22m at the nut? Would like to read a 1-1 comparison with the RG2228 [sans the pickups]. I've tried the RG2228 while back and i thought the neck was wizard thin but REALLY wide... then again, I have small hands but very playable nonetheless!

Reg
I can't really compare it to a RG2228 since I have never seen one in person, but I can tell you all my other guitars are wizards and prestige wizards and I find this neck very comfortable, and thinner than Schecter or ESP. Due to the scale length the tone and playability/feel will be different from a 2228 as well. I'm still getting used to the scale length but I can shred just fine on it now with my tiny hands.

Last edited by Lefty Robb; 03-07-2009 at 06:11 AM.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 10:24 PM

Wow that thing is sweeeet.

I might have to look into this if I ever have some cash to play with!.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 02:30 AM

Nice!
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 10:33 PM

Very nice. I'm glad to see Agile gives you leftys some love Like Wound I also have a Ghostburst Standard Dual on the way and can't wait. I have heard a ton of recordings with the Cepheus pickups as well as the accounts of a lot of dudes in the know, and these pickups seem to be great. Very tight and defined with great tone. I wouldn't even consider the EMG's. I am a BKP whore so I may swap to them one day, but from what I hear I think I am going to like the Cepheus pickups. I have also heard some say they are basically Lundgren M8 copies and not just in the looks department.

Tags
agile , intrepid , lefty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode