My New Agile Septor 727 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2008, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 5
My New Agile Septor 727

After getting jaded with Ibanez and basswood guitars in general and talking to a few friends on aim, I decided to sell my 1527.

Then this beautiful Agile Septor 727 came up for sale on here and I had to have it. Anyways here it is. The pics were taken after I removed the god awful dead strings and the grover tuners which have been sold to a friend.

But when it first arrived last night - I did play it for a while. It sounded so vibrant and organically vocal acoustically that I knew it would blow me away plugged in.

So I fired up my GNX3K - put in Mesa Double Recto patch and just wailed on it. The stock pups are really nice but the bridge one could be tighter. Don't know if its fair to judge them yet considering the strings were ****e but I am definitely looking at options for replacing them.

I just love the various combinations I have with the coil-tapping option. I love the 3 way switch, just will rotate it so that its facing front to back instead of up-down. Just more intuitive that way.

Now the real part - the neck. This neck feels nice. Sure its a bit bigger than my 1527/wizard I neck but tell you whats its hella comfy. Its like all my life I have been wearing thongs and now I found some Fruit of the Looms. Its a bit nicer and I feel this neck can really help with left hand fatigue. Since I don't shred (read: yet) I dont mind it and feel like I will grow with it.

The one thing I did do was find the paint/clear slowing me down. So I just grabbed some #0000 steel wool and rubbed the neck down for a bit to get it satiny. Then took the smallest amount of lemon oil and rubbed/buffed it into the neck . A lot better.

Blank Maple is now my favorite fretboard. I just love the look and the feel of it. Its unfinished and I just cant believe all this time I have disliked it. The grain on my fretboard is marvelous and just screams "Play me"

The quality and craftsmanship is definitely up there with Schecters and Ibanez. I can't tell you the difference in terms of fret dressing, fret edges and fretboard from the "Prestige" Ibanez I used to own. Now I am not knocking Ibanez but they have got to wake up and smell the roses.

Overall I couldn't be more pleased with this guitar. Have a few upgrades that should be coming in the mail soon. Will submit a better review for all to read after I get some strings back up on it. Agile/Rondo has got a winner in this combo.BTW baritone scale doesn't feel any different from normal 25.5".

Questions for you all:
1) What preventative maintenance does one do for a maple fretboard?
2) How does one clean a maple fretboard?

Thanks - now enjoy the pics.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8718677...th/2590109847/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 06:15 PM

Re: My New Agile Septor 727

wow thats really nice! I like that reverse headstock, if you donīt mind me asking, how much was it?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-20-2008, 10:50 PM

You need to get something on that fret board before it stains, unless you like that look. I suggest Tru Oil, but Tung Oil will work.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 03:16 PM

Wow, badass! I never even heard of an Agile 7 with a maple board... and with no inlays, no less! Would be perfect if it had a bolt on or unpainted neck.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Of Angels View Post
Wow, badass! I never even heard of an Agile 7 with a maple board... and with no inlays, no less! Would be perfect if it had a bolt on or unpainted neck.
Lets agree to disagree I think a neck through sounds a bit better in my opinion and the painted neck well - I just made it satiny with some steel wool. Currently awaiting new pickups, strings and tuners.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 12:26 PM

Very nice
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 11:53 AM

Very nice. I love that maple fretboard.

Tags
basswood guitar , basswood guitars , grover tuners , maple fret

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode