My new Carvin DC600 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

My new Carvin DC600

I haven't posted here in a while but I wanted to share this. I see that there are tons of Carvin threads on here, so I might as well. I received this a few weeks ago. It's a DC600 with Floyd Rose, Deep Aquaburst over Quilted Maple, Stainless Jumbo frets, Birdseye Maple fingerboard, coil splitting.

I plays as great as it looks, and don't let anyone tell you that the Carvin stock pickups don't rock. These are the stock C22B (bridge) and C22J (neck). They sound better to me than the Duncan JB's in my USA Jacksons.

Last edited by PowerTube; 01-24-2016 at 09:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 09:22 PM

Re: My new Carvin DC600

Happy NGD!

I had a Carvin NGD last year (JB200). I LOVE Carvins and I'm planning my next build (a V220).

How do you like it?
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
Happy NGD!

I had a Carvin NGD last year (JB200). I LOVE Carvins and I'm planning my next build (a V220).

How do you like it?
"Like" doesn't get in the ballpark.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerTube View Post
"Like" doesn't get in the ballpark.

Sweet

I think anyone who touches a Carvin instantly falls in love with em. I know I did when I touched a used JB200 once
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 12:02 AM

Quote:
I haven't posted here in a while but I wanted to share this. I see that there are tons of Carvin threads on here, so I might as well. I received this a few weeks ago. It's a DC600 with Floyd Rose, Deep Aquaburst over Quilted Maple, Stainless Jumbo frets, Birdseye Maple fingerboard, coil splitting.

I plays as great as it looks, and don't let anyone tell you that the Carvin stock pickups don't rock. These are the stock C22B (bridge) and C22J (neck). They sound better to me than the Duncan JB's in my USA Jacksons.

Wow... that guitar is absolutely STUNNING! Here I've been drooling over the chlorine Jackson PC-1... and yours looks 10x better. Congrats on an awesome guitar. Glad to hear you like the pickups too. Some people rave about them, others say they are no good?? I've been wanting to try some for a while now.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 05:31 PM

wow, incredible looking guitar. Never played a carvin before, but now I think I really really want to haha
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max_H View Post
wow, incredible looking guitar. Never played a carvin before, but now I think I really really want to haha
Once you play a carvin, you will never look back. I know, I have one
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
Once you play a carvin, you will never look back. I know, I have one
anything is better than my lp...

hey OP how much did you spend on that beauty?
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 08:50 PM

Quote:

A lot less than I did for mine, because I had to go through one of Carvin's international dealers and the price shot up an extra 400 bucks or so. Carvins are still better than the rip off artists ESP, but they are now closer in cost to a Jem 7FP2 than a good J custom
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:

Exactly $1819.00 with hardshell case included.

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 06:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEagle View Post
Glad to hear you like the pickups too. Some people rave about them, others say they are no good?? I've been wanting to try some for a while now.
I did an A-B comparison between this guitar and a couple of my Jackson USA Soloists, both with Duncan JB's. I honestly like the Carvin pickups better. They're about the same degree of "hot," but the Carvins have better clarity and articulation to my ears.

Granted, we're talking different guitars here (ebony vs. maple boards, etc...), but the pickups definitely account for most of the sound difference.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 10:12 PM

Quote:
I did an A-B comparison between this guitar and a couple of my Jackson USA Soloists, both with Duncan JB's. I honestly like the Carvin pickups better. They're about the same degree of "hot," but the Carvins have better clarity and articulation to my ears.

Granted, we're talking different guitars here (ebony vs. maple boards, etc...), but the pickups definitely account for most of the sound difference.
Thanks for the update. I'll definitely have to try some Carvin C22's someday. I put a JB/Hot Stacks set from a USA Soloist in my project strat a couple months ago and really like them... so I'll probably like the Carvins. They are very reasonably priced too... $55-60 if you buy direct from them.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 10:18 PM

Get an m22sd and m22v. High output that clean up nicely with lower volume
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 03:15 PM

Reviews: 10

Wow, that is a gorgeous guitar!!! that top is incredible! congrats!!!

Tags
carvin dc600

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode