My new Cort G250 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

My new Cort G250

Well, a few days ago I got meself a $200 dollar NEW Cort G250. Here are the specs:

http://cort.co.kr/english/products/c...roduct_id=120#

It's an Indo model, but it's very well made (besides the fact that the trem arm is loose, I'm hoping to get that fixed soon). Out of all the guitars in the store, this guitar had the best bang for buck/quality ratio.

The Mighty Mite pickups are simply awesome, especially in the neck position. The neck is very warm and if I completely roll down the tone knob I can get a pretty convincing jazz tone. The mid position is very useful, 'cause since it's between the middle of the neck and bridge pups it's a nice mix of smooth and bright tones. The bridge, ahh, is pretty hot. In full 'bucker mode it can surely rip. Tapped it can nail some pretty nice country twangs (though I adjusted the EQ on my amp a bit). I'll post some clips once I get a cable to record direct from my amp to my computer.

The neck is very nice. The satin finish sure makes it easy to shred on. And the abalone offset dot inlays on the rosewood fretboard are a nice touch.

But, my favourite part of the guitar is the bridge. Sure, if you go bonkers with you're smack bang out of tune (which is why I'm looking to get myself some locking Gotoh's in the future), but for subtle dives and flutters it owns IMHO. I'm going to recess it so I can get it to perform to its full potential.

I'll get some pics up soon, since my dad left the digicam at his office. I couldn't be any happier with the guitar, and wholeheartedly suggest a Cort to anyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 12:56 PM

Re: My new Cort G250

My first electric guitar was actually a Cort G254. It has very similar specs, just without the pickguard. It was this really cool transparent orange colour. An amazing value for money guitar, i couldnt have started out on anything better IMO!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 01:00 PM

Nice score!
Some of the new Cort guitars look awesome.

I am loving the new EVL series big time.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 01:22 PM

Congrats, that is nice, it sorta reminds me of a Yamaha Pacifica.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 01:48 PM

Nothing wrong with that guitar that a good setup couldn't fix. Nice looking bridge for the price range. Platinum? It's amazing how some of these $200 guitars have better hardware than my custom shop LP had.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 02:08 PM

I designed that shape originally, off of one of their prototypes. They had it a little more asymmetrical in the cutaways, and it didn't quite flow. But it was always supposed to be a carved top. They have a carved top version of it now that has PRS style carves, but the original was more of a sloped carve, like a Maxxas. They only did that one for a year or two, then they went to the flats, and added pickguards. By that time I was already gone. I had some drawings of it with a Music Man Silouhette teardrop style pickguard, I think what they did is okay. It's maybe a little too bulbous on the bass side.

I've always been proud that the shape lives on some 10+ years later. I did like the Pacificas from that era. The Pacifica was a Rich Lasner shape, as were a lot of the 80's Ibanez guitars. So being compared to anything Lasner designed is a compliment in and of itself.

For the price, you can't go wrong with a Cort. Many other names buy from them, so when you get a Cort, there's no middle man company, and you keep the savings.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 02:17 AM

Congratz Imran!!!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 03:31 AM

Caongrats my man.....just wondering how is the neck ? Is it as good as Ibanez prestige? I have been looking at Neil Zaza signature model for quite a while, do you happen to come across any in the shop?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2tom View Post
Congratz Imran!!!
Thanks! I'm lovin' her to bits.

And Toungue, as for the neck, it's a very close feel to that of a modern strat's (C-shape). My old Strat had a V-shape neck, which was prone to fretting out. But this neck was the most comfortable to me in the store. I can't comment on the Zaza model though, since on the site it says that the neck shape is an uneven C-shape. Bentley's site claims to have brought in the Zaza model, but I didn't see one in the shop anywhere. Chances are someone already snagged it, considering how up to date Bentley's site is.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 11:54 AM

Congrats on your new guitar man! I'm pretty sure it'll server you well! I gotta admit that one of the best value guitars I ever came across when I was selling guitars for a living was the Cort 250p (essentially the same model with the Fishman Piezo Powerbridge).

As for the Neil Zaza model, I can say that while I was in Korea a few weeks ago I actually went to a musical instrument department store in Seoul and one shop actually had one in. (they also happened to be a Cort Custom Shop dealer). The NZ model actually has a neck similar to a Wolfgang(slightly assymetric or an uneven C-shape neck... kinda makes sense sice Neil's guitars were mostly Wolfgangs previously). Definitely a great playing guitar, would have bought it while I was there but the big ugly NZ logo deterred me from that, but the neck was easily on par with an Ibanez Prestige neck.

(note: Cort does make guitars for Ibanez and ESP so it's likely that if you've played a Korean Prestige or an LTD Deluxe model that it would have been made by Cort).
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 03:30 PM

I was tempted by Corts occasionally, particularly the G series ones like the one with the 3 hot rails or the one with the piezo bridge.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 06:11 PM

Sweet and congrats! If the trem gets you problems just replace it with a VS100 it should be a direct swap.

Regards

Andrť

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankfalbo View Post
I designed that shape originally, off of one of their prototypes. They had it a little more asymmetrical in the cutaways, and it didn't quite flow. But it was always supposed to be a carved top. They have a carved top version of it now that has PRS style carves, but the original was more of a sloped carve, like a Maxxas. They only did that one for a year or two, then they went to the flats, and added pickguards. By that time I was already gone. I had some drawings of it with a Music Man Silouhette teardrop style pickguard, I think what they did is okay. It's maybe a little too bulbous on the bass side.
You got a pic of that PRS type Frank?

Regards

Andrť

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddroyce View Post
Congrats on your new guitar man! I'm pretty sure it'll server you well! I gotta admit that one of the best value guitars I ever came across when I was selling guitars for a living was the Cort 250p (essentially the same model with the Fishman Piezo Powerbridge).

As for the Neil Zaza model, I can say that while I was in Korea a few weeks ago I actually went to a musical instrument department store in Seoul and one shop actually had one in. (they also happened to be a Cort Custom Shop dealer). The NZ model actually has a neck similar to a Wolfgang(slightly assymetric or an uneven C-shape neck... kinda makes sense sice Neil's guitars were mostly Wolfgangs previously). Definitely a great playing guitar, would have bought it while I was there but the big ugly NZ logo deterred me from that, but the neck was easily on par with an Ibanez Prestige neck.

(note: Cort does make guitars for Ibanez and ESP so it's likely that if you've played a Korean Prestige or an LTD Deluxe model that it would have been made by Cort).
Thanks Kamikaze and Budd. Really appreciate your help
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2006, 12:47 PM Thread Starter

Well, I managed to record some samples. Don't mind the background noises since I recorded them with a mic. My abysmal playing doesn't do justice to the guitar.

Neck clean:
http://media.putfile.com/Neck-clean

Mid clean:
http://media.putfile.com/Mid-clean

Bridge clean:
http://media.putfile.com/Bridge-clean-27

Neck dirty:
http://media.putfile.com/neck-dirty

Mid dirty:
http://media.putfile.com/mid-dirty

Bridge dirty:
http://media.putfile.com/bridge-dirty

For the bridge samples, the first parts were recorded with the bucker in single coil mode and then switched to full bucker mode when you hear the clunk or the when the sound gets fuller. Enjoy (if you can lol).

Tags
bridge pup , coil mode , custom shop , dot inlay , dot inlays , electric guitar , ibanez guitars , neck position , neck shape , neil zaza , offset dot inlays , piezo bridge , playing guitar , rosewood fretboard , trem arm , yamaha pacifica

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode