my new custom is coming tomorrow!!!!!!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

my new custom is coming tomorrow!!!!!!!

Yep, after 4 months of waiting its finally on its way. I used a 7620 neck and a lo-pro 7 i already had. Everything else is brand new.

Oiled mahogany RG body
Duncan JB in the bridge
Duncan Jazz in the neck
3-way switch with coil tap
JEM-style jack
One volume, no tone knob

I'll post pics as soon as i can!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 08:16 PM

Reviews: 30
Sounds very sweet man! Where did you get this done? Let us have a summary of the work when you get it. Later bro,

David
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-08-2002, 09:01 PM

Yea! The mahogany-bodied 7-string is where it's at! Don't let anybody tell you otherwise...

--B

PS--Can't wait to see it!
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 12:16 AM

I agonized over whether to put a Jazz or a '59 in the neck of my Dean Evo 7. The '59 won out, just because i wanted something with a bit more punch, and i figured if i wanted a jazzy tone, i could roll back the volume and tone a bit. I'd love to hear your impressions of the Jazz 7.

My Duncans are sitting downstairs on the kitchen table until my GHS Boomers arrive from juststrings.com (.010 to .060!). I'm basically gutting the whole guitar... only the switch and jack will remain. I'm putting in two push-pull pots to switch the pickups into series/parallel.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

You guys would probably ban me from the site for life if you knew who did the job!! But honestly, i sent it off long before i found out about this site. I think you all know who i'm talking about. I just hope it turns out good!
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 02:46 AM

Reviews: 2
ED ROMAN!?!?!?!?!?! now that real-life irony.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 11:04 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by failsafe306
You guys would probably ban me from the site for life if you knew who did the job!! But honestly, i sent it off long before i found out about this site. I think you all know who i'm talking about. I just hope it turns out good!
BANNED!

just kidding. good luck w/ the axe.. hope it turns out well. please provide a hands-on-report ...glen
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 12:00 PM

...and don't be surprised if it's smaller than most guitars. j/k Enjoy!
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 12:29 PM

wheres the pics already, i cant wait to see this man!
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 01:13 PM

ER? Maaan... i'd hate to know what you paid for that thing. Hope it's a sweet axe.

-Drew
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 08:37 PM

its been almost 2 days,..STOP PLAYING AND POST SOME PICS!
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

I can't freaking believe this; the bridge isn't inline with the neck!! I'm sending it back as soon as i can get ahold of them monday. I just can't believe they just sent it to me thinking it would go unnoticed. Well, i've been playing for half my life and that was the FIRST thing i noticed. The damned strings don't even line up with the pickup poles, so it sounds just great ::note sarcasm:: Other than that and the fact that the trem was set up to where i can only raise the pitch half a step and the "AANJ" wasn't as rounded as a real Ibanez, they did a decent job. It looks awesome. I think i'm going to try to send the body back and refund my $ and have them repaint the original body they kept and send that one back to me, and I'LL set it all up myself, the right way.

For close to $1000, i'd expect damned near perfection. My next custom will definatly be made by someone associated with this site.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 12:56 PM

dude, im very heartly sorry for that crap...was it really ed roman???

good idea...get a refund and work with someone here LGM is awesome (his links the one with the green guitar on top, and im sure eddie and anyone else on here is great too).

can we still see pics though?

hope everything works out man.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Yes, it was Ed Roman's World Ass Guitars. I'll try to post some pics before i send it back. It does LOOK really good though, i'll give them that much.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 04:27 PM

From what i hear, not a bad price for Ed roman. the man's a tool. I'd ask for a full refund and send your money to one of the guys here on the site. From what i hear, EKG is great, although i have a feeling you won't go wrong with anyone who got a banner here; we sorta weed out the bad guys.

Anyway, best of luck resolving this- lots of updates, please. (like we all don't live vicariously, huh? )

-Drew

Tags
coil tap , custom guitar , dean evo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode