My new j-custom and my mini-Ibanez wall - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up My new j-custom and my mini-Ibanez wall

Well it's a new year and I figured I'd start the GAS attack early this year. I just recieved this baby in today so here's a couple of shots of my new Ibanez J-Custom RG8760-VV as well as a shot of my current Ibanez wall.

Here's a shot of the whole body

http://www.animetor.com/guitars/rg8670vv-1.jpg

And here's a quick shot of my current Ibanez wall

(higher res version here: http://www.animetor.com/guitars/ibanezwall1.jpg)

The guitars from front to back:

JCRG-2-TB (Neck-thru)
RG8670-VV
RG8670-TV
RG1880s-NAT
USA Custom Exotic Wood(looks black but it's actually a dark blue with a good amount of flame)
UV777bk
RG2127x

I hoping 2006 will bring us some nice J-Customs as well.

Cheers

Budd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 03:49 PM

Re: My new j-custom and my mini-Ibanez wall

Fantastic Do you play them all? Which is your favourite?

I regularly get the chance to play my bandmates 8670TV and it's a very nice guitar.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 04:02 PM

I had the chance to get an 8670TV before I got a TB off of this here interwebsite. I really love mine; it's like nothing else ive played. I even like the JC vine more than the JEM vine now. Your VV looks really nice, looks like the burst is stronger than most i've seen. My 8670 has a very pronounced burst. It's kinda weird, all the variation in bursts among JCs, almost like they decided to have a 'lil play around at the paint booth! Which is cool, makes it more individual.

Well done for the collection though, gives the rest of us an excuse to buy more! Anything else on your 'to-buy' list yet?

~Mylo
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

I actually do play them all right now. I kinda cycle through each one at a gig nowadays. MY RG8670TV and my RG1880s are my still my two favourite guitars. It must be the ESP Arming Adjusters that I've installed in them that makes me say that because I can seriously feel the vibes run through my fingers on those two.

Currently the only things on my to-buy list is an RG8670BX, RG8670TB and maybe a j-custom 7 string (really tempted to buy that JC 7 string that IKEBE has with the vine). Other than that, I really don't know. (I'm still undecided on finding a RG8670TB since I have a neck-thru JCRG-2 in TB already.. maybe I should just get someone to do a JC vine inlay on my JCRG-2)
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 04:31 PM

Putting a vine on the JCRG-2 sounds cool, but then again, you could use the 'this one doesn't have a vine inlay' excuse to get the TB! What does the JCRG neck feel like compared to an 8670? I've yet to try out a neckthru Ibanez.

~Mylo
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

My JCRG-2 has the same neck profile as my RG8670's, but it feels a lot nicer when playing on the higher frets.

Even though I could use the lack of a vine as an excuse to get an RG8670-TB, I'm really starting to run out of space for more guitars.

Btw, I just realized my GAS problem is bound to spread to several others on the board....
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 04:44 PM

Yeah, this thread is sure to empty a few bank accounts! Careless pic posting causes GAS!

Hmmm maybe someone would be willing to trade their 8670 for your JCRG-2, if you really want a TB. I sure wouldn't though, I cling to mine like a limpet to a rock! My next guitar won't have a vine, I like lots of variation. I'm really liking the disapearing pyramids inlay atm, wonder what that would look like J-Custom style...?
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 04:48 PM

Wow, nice guitar and nice collection. Is that the VV that was on Ishibashi about a week ago?

As for the 7 strings on Ikebe, if you've got the $ go for it. From the serial numbers it looks like they only made somewhere in the vicinity of 15 of them. Besides, they're gorgeous I would have ordered one already, except they're about $700 out of my current budget after shipping & customs.

I'm currently leaning towards a Schecter (gasp) 7 and getting a good combo tube amp. I figure the fixed bridge will give me maximum fleibility to play with alternate tunings, and since the 7 is basically for me to experiment with the Schecter's cheaper and I won't feel so bad if I don't use it much.

That and I'm still watching for a TB RG8670, so I really think you shouldn't buy one if you see one on Ishibashi or Ikebe The second 8670 is on the 'screw the budget, the charge card is coming out' list.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 05:41 PM

you know what, you guys make me jealous. I have obly one guitar and that's a vwh. but you have like 6 vwh like guitars and 8670 TB and TV are my dream guitars along with a jem10th and the JS10th.
this thread causes GAS but unfortunately I can't afford any of these as I'm 17. DAmn you guy! you talk about getting some more
Joking aside, you have a really nice wall there and needless to say I love your 8670 TV!
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 05:56 PM

Is it the same as this ?

post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 06:01 PM

Congrats bud

Very nice collection you have there. Is that VV the one that was in the U-Box a few days ago?
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspace
Is it the same as this ?

No that's an RG2820VV as far as I know and is a prestige model.
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Vendor

The 2820 is bound most likely because it's a 1mm veneer top.
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 08:10 PM

Reviews: 1

Is the vine inlay option available on RGs here in the states?
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 01-25-2006, 08:21 PM

COOL guitars buddroyce....

Tags
alternate tuning , alternate tunings , custom exotic wood , ebony fretboard , ebony fretboards , esp arming adjuster , fixed bridge , guitar shop , tube amp , usa custom exotic wood

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode