My new older Jackson - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

My new older Jackson

SCHWEEEEEEEEET guitar

The orange blob below the center pup is glare. The photo makes it look more orange....but this baby is corvette red.

This is one of the "Professional" series. Headstock logo is inlaid with abalone. Schaller floyd. Neck-thru. Weighs pretty considerable, haven't weighed it yet...but definitely heavier than my Ibanezezez.

Picked it up from a friend of mine for $400.00. He bought it from the original owner who bought it new in 94 or 95. Just saw one identical to it sold on 3bay for $700+.

I need help on the serial # to find out the model year. Inlaid in the fretboard J001276. Looking at the Jackson website, that number wasn't listed in the table....This was one thing that stood out:
"......There are exceptions to this rule. Sometimes you will find production neck-thru's from the 90's with "J" or "RR" numbers instead of "U" numbers; this usually means it was a prototype of some kind made in the custom shop"

Jackson experts please chime in.....

???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-22-2007, 10:06 PM

Re: My new older Jackson

Aw, you lucky bastard! NICE guitar! Man, that makes me miss my Jacksons and Charvels. I feel another case of GAS coming on (burp).
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 09:22 AM

Nice guitar. I'm almost 99.9% sure of the following info.

USA Made Jackson are the only ones with trackable serial numbers. All overseas Jackson came from the assembly plant directly to the distributer and never went through the Jackson facility therefore serial numbers were not tracked.

Peace
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 09:31 AM

Yeh I think you're right on that, I could only ever find any info about US made Jacksons.

Nice score BTW, those early professionals are just good as the USA guitars and if I remember correctly, the earliest Pro's were made in the USA.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 11:36 AM

Reviews: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurj View Post
Nice score BTW, those early professionals are just good as the USA guitars and if I remember correctly, the earliest Pro's were made in the USA.
+1

either way nice score. Don't know if this is your first Jackson or not but you're gonna love how it plays like buttah.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 01:52 PM

Nice one !!!

Check this link for Professional series info.

http://www.audiozone.dk/index-filer/...ofessional.htm
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finstah View Post
buttah.
This sounds to me like some sort of cream for rectal problems!!
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 02:16 PM

That's a 1990 Pro Soloist. In my personal opinion (so take that any way you want) these are absolutely among the best Soloists ever made. It is definitely Japanese, and made to what were then the exact same specs as the US models. They stopped making them around 95 or so, because they were eating into the US sales, but the 90's and 91's are absolutely the best of the original Professional run. For $400 you absolutely stole this guitar, no question whatsoever. I'd take a '90 Pro over a '90 USA guitar any day of the week. For this run of the original Pro's, the J = Japan, and the first digit afterward is the year, starting with '90; a J3xxxxx guitar would be a Japanese made '93. Same specs as the US, so student models had rosewood boards and dot inlays. (Same specs, but again in my opinion, better made than the US guitars)
And don't you love that red pearl paint?
Let me look up pics of mine.....
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 02:25 PM

Nice guitar!! I love the color.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 02:28 PM

Here's my best buddy Seamus (the man in my avatar) with my red '90 Pro (there's a charcoal pearl '90 Pro in the rack behind him as well )

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info you guys

It's just like buttah
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 10:08 PM

Makes me miss my Model 6......(sniff)
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 01:03 PM

Hi guys. I normally just lurk around here, but I felt I'd better comment on this one, partly because I feel a little guilty. Read below.

First of all, very nice looking Soloist Pro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
... the J = Japan, and the first digit afterward is the year
Maybe it's time I corrected that mistake on my site, so it won't spread too far . I'm almost certain that the "J" stands for "Jackson" and not Japan.

Also, I really think the comment about the early Pro's being USA made is false.

Congrats on the sweet looking Pro, surfdog.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 03:08 PM

The J meaning Jackson doesn't make much sense really, as the name "Jackson" on the headstock takes care of that All the Pros have J serial numbers, and don't otherwise say "Made in Japan", though they all were. It doesn't matter, I suppose, as long as everyone knows the Professional line was made entirely in Japan.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777 View Post
and don't otherwise say "Made in Japan", though they all were.

They came new with a "made in japan" sticker that was placed on the back of the headstock which I'm sure was taken off 99.9% of them ASAP

Tags
charvel model , custom shop , dot inlay , dot inlays , neck thru , rosewood board , rosewood boards

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode