My new project is almost complete - Flip Flop textured Music - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

My new project is almost complete - Flip Flop textured Music

I bought a MM Axis copy at GC a few weeks ago with intentions of making it a project well its 90% done just waiting on pickups I bought from Jay(MO is on the way bro)

I first textured the guitar and headstock Ala DBK and 90th then layed down a sweet ass Flip Flop paint job(using Krylon Mystic' Paint Available anywhere and only 20 bucks including clear), and it has come out with E X C E L L E N T results. Other mods were new tuners, last 5 frets scalloped, and soon to be dimarzio pickups. The paint flips from purple to green to gold with a few shades inbetween. This is really cool paint and soooooo easy to do.

Just thought I would share im always happy when projects are completed and with good results.

Pics sometime this week for anyone that cares.

Later
Brett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 02:17 PM

My new project is almost complete

Canīt wait to see it!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 03:59 PM

yeah me neither!!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 04:25 PM

Brett, was that one of the Chinese-made copies? *Those are not bad at all for the $$.
Greg
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 04:29 PM

I agree, I'd love to see pics. *Sounds amazing!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 04:39 PM

I've wanted to paint my new (to me) RG-470FX with interferance paint like that, but I've been trying to figure out how you decide which colors show and simply can't figure it out. How did you paint the guitar and can you choose which colors the paint shows?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Yeah there made by OLP(officially licensed products for Music Man) believe it or not they are pretty damn close to the feel of a real Music Man. I played both back to back, now there pickups absolutly suck but the neck is almost a clone and its an exact copy down to the headstock design and all.

Pics will be up sometime this week got to borrow a friends digital camera tommorrow at work.

Brett

Tags
dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , frets scalloped , headstock design

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode