My new RG1570 impressions/questions
Greetings all; first time poster. Anyway, I just received a new RG1570 in grey-nickel via mail order. It looks great. I do have some questions and I figured this would be the perfect place to find some answers.
1. I took off the neck and it is stamped RG1620X-05. I assume the RG1620X model uses the same neck as the RG1570. Should I be concerned about this? What is the 05 designation? The neck pocket of the body is stamped RG157005.
2. I removed the brass shims from under the nut. This improved the action a bit without any buzzing issues on open strings. I'm not really sure why they were used in the first place.
3. I'm used to adjusting the truss rod such that there is little to no bow in the neck. However, I've read here that a little bow really helps these guitars with buzzing issues. What are the pros and cons of a straight neck versus one with a little bit of bow?
4. I love the new tremelo system and am having no tuning issues at all, even with aggressive use.
5. The back of the neck had a couple of rough areas that I smoothed out with steel wool. There is also a small divot in the fretboard next to one of the inlayed fret markers. These issues are really no big deal, but I expected a perfect neck after hearing all the Prestige hype.
All in all it will be a nice axe once I get the setup right (I'm using 10-46 strings tuned a half step down from standard). I appreciate any and all input/advice you can give related to my questions above.