My new toy - EBMM AXIS EX - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

My new toy - EBMM AXIS EX

Well.. It's been too long since my last guitar purchase and I wanted something different. Since my recent divorce I needed something else to fill the void so I found myself another mistress to add to my harem. (ok.. any excuse to buy a new guitar is a good excuse for me)

Ernie Ball Axis EX (Basically the old EBMM EVH without the EVH logo)

It was a toss up between this and an Axis Super Sport but I didn't feel like flying across the country to buy the Axis Super Sport that I wanted. This EBMM Axis EX is just like the Ibanez J-Customs in the sense that you can only get them in Japan. EVH would probably try to sue the **** out of EBMM for replicating his old signature model to the tee if this was sold in North America.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 09:07 PM

Re: My new toy - EBMM AXIS EX

is stunni9ngly beautiful! :O
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 09:15 PM

you're the man, budd!
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 10:41 PM

STUNNING!!!
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-16-2006, 11:06 PM

Sweet!
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 05:09 AM

Congrats!
EBMM are just flat-out awesome anyway!
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 07:18 AM

Very nice. I'm also looking for an Axis at the moment. I just scored a Silhouette and realized you just can't have enough EBMM's. They really kick Ibanez's butt!

Great guitar dude
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 07:37 AM

Lovely, great top and lovely birdseye neck

As long as you don't replace the "volume" knob with a "tone" knob you should be safe from Ed's lawyers
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 07:53 AM

i love those guitars but i can't seem to like the "big" bodies ( yes im quite small :P )...
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 08:33 AM

What a beauty . Enjoy!

Regards

André

post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 08:34 AM

Hey, how do you like the Gotoh Floyd?

Regards

André

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

The Goth floyd ain't bad actually. I had some initial tuning issues with this guitar but I fixed it all after a several hours of setting the damn thing up. There's an allen screw on the side to adjust the amount of tension on the trem arm on it that I think is pretty cool.

Initially I wasn't too into this guitar as it didn't have the vibe I was looking for, but that all changed after I installed an ESP Arming Adjuster in this one. I know it sounds silly to install a trem stabilizer on this guitar since the trem sits level with the top, but the Arming Adjuster just added so much more resonance to the guitar. (I was about to sell it 2 days after I got it)

If you need a replacement trem, I don't see anything wrong with the Gotoh Floyd.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 07:06 PM

Man that top is just hypnotic. Insane figuring dude! I keep coming back to this thread just to look at your axe.

Did you find this model in the States or in Japan? Cuz I've never seen one of these EX's before. I really dig the placement of the pup switch over the standard Axis one.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

The Axis EX is only available in Japan. It's essentially what the Axis was supposed to be, the EBMM EVH without the EVH logo. This model is assembled in Japan using US parts to avoid lawsuits with you know who. Spec and feature wise it's identical to the EMBB EVH just cheaper.

The pup switch here is a lot better than the one on the standard Axis. The three reasons why I went with the Axis EX was the switch, the top and the fact that it's not available here.

I should also mention that the top on this one is a one piece quilted maple top so there's no book matching. Just one big piece of quilted maple... gotta love it.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-17-2006, 11:03 PM

Congratz!!!

Tags
ebmm axis , ebmm evh , ernie ball , esp arming adjuster , pickup switch , quilted maple , trem arm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode