My New Universe - Uni Baby - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2002, 12:01 AM Thread Starter

My New Universe - Uni Baby

Oh k I recently recieved what i believe to be one of the most visually stunning guitars made by ibanez, the uv777bk i mean this thing is sweet and with the slightly beefier neck and the aanj it plays every bit as good as it looks and being my fist 7 string (also the first oneive ever played as of the day i recieved it) i have had no problem whatsoever adjusting to having a low b, it was 100 times easier than i thought it would be . so i am 100 percent satisfied with the feel and look of the guitar now i wana tell you abou tmy first impressions of the blazeII(i know i know theyre not really blaze IIs ill just use it for descriptive purposes).oh k ill put it this way i have a used abused tore up wore out washburn american series electric that i was playing and the pickup on it blow theBlaze IIs in the uni away(in my opinion) the Blaze IIs are some of the muddiest pickups ive heard in an ibanez not cleare at all on the low b and e strings does anybody know if this is just my guitar or is that the general consensus on the BlazeIIs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2002, 01:17 AM

My New Universe

congrats on the universe dude!!! :thumbsup:

about the muddy pickups... before you ditch em just yet, mess around with your eq a bit. lower the bass alot, lower the pickups themselves a bit, just experiment with your tone in general. just wondering as well... what kinda amp are you using with the UV? it'd be cool to know so maybe we can help you out with the tone.

:biggrin:
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2002, 03:04 AM

My New Universe

He's right about the pickups. They are total crap, I changed mine as soon as I got the guitar. As a whole, I find Ibanez stock pickups to be some of the worst in the business. I don't have stockers in any of my Iba's.

I put a Tone Zone 7 in the bridge and a PAF 7 in the neck, enormous difference. Highly recommended.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2002, 08:43 PM Thread Starter

My New Universe

im playing through a red bear 50 watt combo amp and it is total sh*t
anyway uless you are playing blues
im going to end up having to buy an eq and overdrive to get some good distortion out of it
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2002, 09:45 PM

My New Universe

i'd reccomend getting a .58 for the low B. nice tighter sound, imho.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2002, 08:44 PM

My New Universe

Quote:
jeffrey on 3:04 am on Mar. 30, 2002
As a whole, I find Ibanez stock pickups to be some of the worst in the business.
They are DiMarzios, those Blaze pick ups.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2002, 03:07 AM

My New Universe

Well I've gotten into it with other people over this, but I'll recap.

I took Dimarzios out of my UV777BK, whatever they were supposed to be, and put in Dimarzio's I purchased at a store (a Tone Zone 7/bridge, a PAF 7/neck).

First thing that struck me was the construction. The stock Ibanez's didn't even resemble the Dimarzio's. Odd that it could be a Dimarzio pickup and be constructed completely different. The stock Iba's had a brass body (metal of some sort, brass colored), different bobbins, wire color and the parafin coating was barely noticeable and missing in many spots. The Dimarzio's (the REAL ones) were contructed of a resin body, heavier wire, different bobbins and a very noticeable thicker parafin coating.

I compared Blaze II's to the Blaze II's that were supposed to be in my UV777BK; same results. The storebought Blaze II's looked like the TZ/PAF, not the cheap wannabe Dimarzio's that came in it.

They may say Dimarzio, but Dimarzio they are not. Not in construction or sound IMO.

Tags
combo amp , dimarzio pickup , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode