My Ran Invader - Page 3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 11:16 PM

Re: My Ran Invader

Quote:
Originally Posted by User010101 View Post
you wont have to do much routing, just a tiny little bit for the screw mount section of the pickups.

look at this ibanez jcustom which was converted for emgs, as you can see, pretty much all of the original 7 string pickup would fit inside the emg route. you just need to make little semi circles to take the screw mounts.
Actually, you have this backwards. EMG 7-string pickups are wider than most others. As you say, that Ibanez was indeed modified to accept those pickups, and it was modified by widening the original routes. The stock pickups, or just about any other 7-string pickup, would drop right in there and you'd in fact wind up with a gap on each side of it when you were done. If the original poster puts a standard passive pickup in his Ran, it should work (or at least come very close), but as others have said, the route will look rather over-sized in the end no matter what.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 11:38 PM

^^^so, hows it that differernt to what i said?

i said there wouldnt be much routing needed. i never said it would be visually pleasing or that he wouldnt have a gap on each side.

im pretty sure a lundgren would not fit into his emg route without doing those semi-circles (for the screw mounts) that i circled in red above.
post #33 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-04-2007, 09:45 AM

Quote:
^^^so, hows it that differernt to what i said?

i said there wouldnt be much routing needed. i never said it would be visually pleasing or that he wouldnt have a gap on each side.

im pretty sure a lundgren would not fit into his emg route without doing those semi-circles (for the screw mounts) that i circled in red above.
I thought it sounded like you were trying to say that other 7-string pickups are wider than EMG's, but I probably just read it too fast. Clearly, the circles you drew are much larger than would be needed, if he would need anything at all, though I understand that accuracy and MS Paint really don't go together.
post #34 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-06-2007, 04:25 AM

Quote:
you wont have to do much routing, just a tiny little bit for the screw mount section of the pickups.

look at this ibanez jcustom which was converted for emgs, as you can see, pretty much all of the original 7 string pickup would fit inside the emg route. you just need to make little semi circles to take the screw mounts.

love that vine .

Regards

André

post #35 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 04:32 AM

Nice guitar man!

A friend of mine have a "copy" of Pat Obrien's BcRich 7. A Ran too. It's exellent.

Congratulations, insane guitar!

PS: Tuned in? that's a killswitch?
post #36 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 04:33 AM

Angry Re: My Ran Invader

Quote:

How was the animal that ruined that guitar to put EMG's?
post #37 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-08-2007, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

No. Its an EMG PA-2
post #38 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Hungus View Post
I like it, but why didn't you just get the Lundgren in the first place? You're going to be left with a dirty big route from that EMG.
+1.

Or maybe he's going to put the "EMG rings hole supressor".
post #39 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinhead View Post
How was the animal that ruined that guitar to put EMG's?
That's Buz McGrath of Unearth's guitar. And while I don't like emg's (and personally have the same exact guitar with dimarzios), he owns more insane LACS than me or you ever will combined, and will keep putting EMGs into all of them until hell freezes over or Unearth goes out of popularity
ps: greetings from sevenstring.org :wave:

Edit:totally sorry for the bump, didn't see the date on the thread
post #40 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 02:11 PM

Old thread but anyway...that is very cool. I like those inlays too.
post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 07:09 PM

how it's sound? is it ok???
post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 01:10 PM Thread Starter

It's sound? Still fanfreakingtastic. There is a gap from the Lundgren, but whatever, if you heard it you wouldn't care either.

This guitar is an absolute monster through my recto....ridiculous.

Funny this thread came up when I googled my screen name.
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 12:08 AM

Reviews: 4

Bit of an old thread but wow, I never thought Ran's would look as good in person as they do in the possibly PS pictures on their site.

Tags
custom shop , production model , string pickup , string pickups , string tree

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode