My recently customized guitar (PICS) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

My recently customized guitar (PICS)

Ok well some of you know I sent my RG350DX in for a sustainer installation, well he was going to make me a custom pickguard that some people didn't like and some people did, well I was erie on the whole situation so I asked him to do it like vai's flo to be safe. So he built me a custom pickguard anyways that is S-S-H which wasn't a bad idea (really).

Well halfway into the 16 days it took for it to finish I went down there to see whats been done so far (nothing) we were waiting for the pickguard, I asked him to try and get my trem floating again because a while back a screw came out and I had to get it filled. So he said sure thing and I left. Some odd days later I get a phone call stating my guitar is done and the total is now $264 instead of the $135 we agreed on. So I guess just saying "can you get my trem floating" set off a whole series of events raising the price $129 higher.

So I go down to get my guitar and pay the extremely high rate. and let me tell you this, The pickguard looked like an amatuer did it with a serated knife and some 50-grit sandpaper. So the new single coil position at the neck was crooked.

I never complain about something at a store when seeing it, I usually wait home to blow up. So I tore everything apart and put the old pickguard on and put the sustainer in "temporarily" until I get a bright idea on how to cover up the wholes it leaves on each side. If anyone has any idea on how to cover up the holes from the sustainer in the neck spot go ahead. I could push it closer to the neck and put in a single coil dummy pickup but I will have to route some wood out of the way because the sustainer is bigger than a single coil and I will have to drill 2 holes for the screws to hold it in that spot. He got the bridge floating again, but my knife edges are shot and I didnt wan't to deal with the constant misstuning so I lowered it. He charged me in the 60 dollar range by just taking out a spring and loosening 2 screws..

Heres the pictures..

heres the crappy backplate he charged me $16 dollars for.

heres the sustainer in the old pickguards neck spot

heres the toggle switches for the sustainer and the 3rd knob I had to put in myself

heres a front view of my guitar

heres a segment of the crappy pickguard the guy charged me $35 for

heres another segment of it

heres my new 6 week old miniature pinscher!

Last edited by Ryan350DX; 07-26-2008 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Added more info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 02:34 PM

Re: My recently customized guitar (PICS)

Nice dog . I love that breed.

But yeah, why on earth wouldnt you bring this up in the store? I wouldnt pay them a goddamn dime if I got something back that I couldve done myself with a knife. Why would you let some store screw you like this...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 02:42 PM

Is that dog for raising or eating?
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 03:06 PM

Reviews: 18

That's a ghetto looking job....

Jimmy
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 03:11 PM

There's this little banner at the top, yeah, its labeled "pickguard paradise", yeah, should have gone there..yeah, okkk?

oh, one other thing, shouldn't the sustainer be as close to the neck as possible for best sound?

Last edited by Lefty Robb; 07-26-2008 at 03:17 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 04:45 PM

that new pickgaurd doesnt even look the same, it looks cheaper, though it could be the lighting in the pic. but that sucks about the price hike, having some guitar tech to do stuff like that is expensive, i say you join the d.i.y. crowd and save a lot of money in the future
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb View Post
There's this little banner at the top, yeah, its labeled "pickguard paradise", yeah, should have gone there..yeah, okkk?

oh, one other thing, shouldn't the sustainer be as close to the neck as possible for best sound?
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...

Tags
custom pickguard , pickguard paradise , toggle switch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode