My RG 2620 EP trem - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation My RG 2620 EP trem

is being a total bitch. I want to do Rich's EP stud mod, but I still have to order it. I'm not quite understanding what he's saying on it? I've always been better with a picture. Does it come with SIMPLY understood instructions?

one other problem I'm having is that my Low E fine tuner is jammed pretty tightly. I don't even know how it happend, but will oiling it or anything else help it? I don't want to have to invest in a whole new trem?

But I'm having problems....

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't have the cash to put forth for all the fixes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 11:06 AM

Re: My RG 2620 EP trem

I dont really know what your problem is with the trem itself so i cant help ya there.
But as for the fine tuners, i had a similar problem.

My fine tuners would get stuck about half way and not turn anymore so i loosened them until they came out, steel wooled the fine tuner screw then put a tad bit of WD40 on it after the gunk was off of it. And do the same with the hole the fine tuner is inserted into. I wrapped steel wool around a toothpick since hands certainly wont fit in the hole.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 11:28 AM

find a friend who rides/maintains a second hand motorcycle and/or a bicycle and borrow his penetrating oil from his toolbox, a couple of drops and leave it for a day, that should do the trick for nowt.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 08:03 PM

Is the fine tuner threaded wrong? That could be the case.
The stud mod is great! The parts are excellent and easy to install.

You simply screw down the short allen screw (which has been cut to length) which is the stopper and back it off slightly. You carefully put the small thin allen screw into the hole of the larger stud. Make sure it is threaded inside at this time and not visible from the bottom. This creates a stopper so the stud doesn't tilt or back out.

Then screw in the larger stud where the old stud was. I coated the area where the knife edge touches with a product called "Big Bendz Nut Sauce" and it works great!

Assemble your trem back together.
fine tune your tuning and action as desired.

When set, put the tiny allen wrench inside the larger stud and screw it down until it touches the stopper. You now have the locking stud mod complete.

Intonate your guitar and you are good to go.
They work great and are worth the $$ to get.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode