My RGR - value? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 07:08 AM Thread Starter

My RGR - value?

Anyone have any idea of the value of this guitar? I'm not really considering selling it but a few people have recently made offers that vary widely and I'm just curious to see what you guys think. I think it's the kind of thing that collectors would probably offer more for than non-Ibanez nuts. I also need a ballpark value for insurance purposes.

It's a 1996 RGR470DW (Deep Wine), original Edge, V6 pickups, made in Japan. Condition is good apart from a light scratch and two finish chips, and I had to replace the bridge with a new one. As far as I can find, this guitar was only for the Asian market.

That last photo is before I polished her up the other day, so apologies for the smudges.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 08:29 AM

Re: My RGR - value?

wow man!! i wouldnt mind payin $400-500 for it..
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 09:14 AM

Yeah I'd say around $400-ish too..
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-26-2006, 07:22 PM

hey let me know if its for sale.. let me be the first one to put my eyes on it.. hehe.. would u ship to US though? ill try to find RG550 first..if i cant then there urs can do it
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 11:24 AM

Looks awesome!!! Would love to have one though
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

I won't tell you how much I bought it for. All I'm gunna say is I love it when pawn shops can't tell the difference between Ibanez EXs and RGs.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 08:32 PM

Yeah it's nice, I'd be happy to give £400 sterling for it. It looks very shreddy !

Ben
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 02:59 AM Thread Starter

Well she's gone! I just traded her for an RG7620, after someone who expressed an interest a few weeks ago but backed out changed their mind. I know it was kinda rare and nice to have, but I needed a backup 7-string. I'm sure the new owner will take care of it.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 05:32 PM

awwwww damn! i was thinkin to offer u a price.. oh well.. congrats man! post that 7620 here too please
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 05:49 PM

It's kind of weird, looks like a mutt. Did the paint color on the headstock match the "burst?" The two colors look very different. The one on the headstock looks very "Purple Neon" and the burst on the body looks a lot more red-ish
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 07:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk
It's kind of weird, looks like a mutt. Did the paint color on the headstock match the "burst?" The two colors look very different. The one on the headstock looks very "Purple Neon" and the burst on the body looks a lot more red-ish
It's actually much darker in person. It looks black from a distance, but under strong light you can see the purple. It's definitely the correct neck for the guitar because I've seen catalog shots and the neck and body stamps, but yeah, it's a weird choice, especially if you've seen it in person and see how dark it is - the colour is so subtle under most lighting conditions that most of the time you'd never see it.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 07:24 PM

Cool, gotta love pawn shops!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode