My RGR580DW - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

2Likes
  • 1 Post By MatiasTolkki
  • 1 Post By MatiasTolkki

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

My RGR580DW

I probably posted an NGD some months ago (almost a year ago actually) when I got this guitar, but I'd like to gloat and show her off a bit

RGR580s are one of the coolest guitars Ibanez has ever released imo. Reverse head, Mahogany body, maple board (with either a late 90s wizard neck, or MIJ Wizard II). They weren't made for THAT long and the only color to survive all 4 years was Jewel Blue Burst (JBB). Pearl white (98-99) and Deep wine (00-01) had very limited production runs, which makes them pretty hard to find. I have both

But anyway, I wanted to show off some pics of the deep wine color since I took some outdoor pics a couple weeks ago. Keep in mind, this color scheme was used on some Pro-lines back in the mid-80s and the MIJ RG470s in the mid 90s, but hasn't been used (AFAIK) since 00-01 on the RGR580. The borders are so dang hard to catch in pictures, which is why I took these outdoor pics. The first two pics show how hard it is to get from a distance or indoors, but the 2nd two pics show just how cool it looks.

Agent540 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 09:59 AM

Re: My RGR580DW

Lovely axe, very unusual colour, I like it
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 11:06 AM

Nice find !
What does DW go for btw ?
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 11:49 AM

One of the coolest guitars Ibanez has ever made (IMHO of course).
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent540 View Post
Nice find !
What does DW go for btw ?
Price?

Well being that this is the only one I've seen pop up, and I paid 75000 yen for it (imo way over market value, but i wanted this color BAD), there isn't a whole lot to go on. I even tried to haggle the price down a bit but the shop I got it from (Guitar Planet in Tokyo) wouldn't budge. they said "even at this price, it will sell." So yeah, it's really hard to find.

As for the RGR580 line itself, the jewel blue burst ones pop up pretty often, but the PL (pearl white) and DW... Let's just say that I own the only 1 of each of those that has popped up anywhere in Japan in the last 6 years.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burtallica View Post
One of the coolest guitars Ibanez has ever made (IMHO of course).
You're not alone brother. I wish they would do a reissue of these like the new 550s coming out for next year. I'm sure if they released pearl white or DW, they would sell.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
You're not alone brother. I wish they would do a reissue of these like the new 550s coming out for next year. I'm sure if they released pearl white or DW, they would sell.
I would snap up the pearl white one so fast if they did.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Here's my pearl white one. The clear has yellowed so it DOES look cream instead of white, but it plays like a dream. This one is a 98 model with a wizard neck (the DW has the MIJ wizard II)

Burtallica likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode