My RT to AT-style projects - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

My RT to AT-style projects

Greetings,

I finally finished up my AT clone projects which I've been working on for awhile. They were all originally RT bodies (two RT450 tobacco bursts, and the black RT150) with HSH pickups, which I modified in several ways. All now have maple board necks instead of rosewood and were converted from HSH to HSS pickup configuration. On the two 22-fret ones, I converted the original square heel to AANJ-style. The HSS pickguards were all custom made by Terrapin Guitars.

Here's a shot of all 3:

Here are a couple of shots of just the one that is closest to an AT100. The main differences are the 2-post Gotoh trem, and the absence of one tone control. The neck is from an old Roadstar II, with the headstock modified to resemble the current Iby style.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 01:15 AM

Reviews: 120
Re: My RT to AT-style projects

Very cool, great work!
LonePhantom is online  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 07:40 AM

Oh my f*ck!
I love my RT650, and I love the AT's. These are just awesome.
I've been looking to swap the pickguard on my RT out for an H-x-S, might have to hit Terrapin up.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 07:31 AM
SYL

Absolutely Love 'em!

How do they sound?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 09:20 AM Thread Starter

All 3 sound great. I put a variety of pups in them: The 24-fret, which I've been playing for quite awhile, has a PAF-Pro in the bridge and a Duncan SSL-5 in the neck. The black one has a JB in the bridge and an unknown hot Dimarzio in the neck which may get changed out. The burst 22-fretter has the standard AT-100 pups: AT-1 in the bridge + 2 Cruisers. I moved those into that guitar from another one, and I'm really fond of that combination. Timmons was definitely onto something good when he decided on that combo.

I'm still tweaking the setup as the two 22-fret ones settle in, and both are playing better all the time. These were a bit of work due to the modified neck joint and the routing necessary to get the neck singles where I wanted them (and to move the middle pups slightly toward the neck), but nothing radical. I'm pleased with the results.

Last edited by stratoskier; 08-31-2013 at 10:28 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 09:34 AM

Wow those are awesome. If you can record some samples I'm sure many of us (including me) would love to hear how they sound

Tags
at100 , rt450 , timmons

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode