My RT150- need to sell...but at what price? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

My RT150- need to sell...but at what price?

I think I might need to sell my RT150

If I do end up selling it, it'll need to be fairly speedy...

This was a player guitar. I used it for pretty much everything, and it has the some minor scars to prove it. No paint chips or anything, but dings and scratches here and there. It looks pretty clean until you take a closer look. The most serious damage came from the original owner. I have no idea what happened, but I thought it looked cool, lol. Maybe I'll be able to get some natural light pics tomorrow to show you guys the exact condition.

How much do you guys think I'll be able to sell it for? I'm hoping at least 200 bucks, since that's how much I got it for... Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 12:45 PM

Re: My RT150- need to sell...but at what price?

Looks like some finish checking on that headstock.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 11:01 PM

Maybe it went through some serious temperature swings, got left in the sun, or got whapped on the headstock at some point. Who knows. As long as it's not in the wood, it's not that big a deal - you can advertise it as "relic'd!"

$200 might be a stretch unless you've upgraded the pickups and such, especially if it's a little beat up. The RT450's get decent money, but the lower models don't do quite as well, generally speaking.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 02:41 AM Thread Starter

Some more pics to give you guys a better idea. Had a hard time capturing the damage, even with macro mode, so I just got some pics of the entire thing. Shows the checking on the back (doesn't get to the playing part of the neck), and the finish crack on the heel.

So 200 is kinda asking too much, huh?

What would be a good price?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 09:27 AM

I just bought an RT150 off **** 6 months ago for 120$ plus another 30$ in shipping. It had a few chips on the backside, but the headstock was perfect. Sorry you have to sell your guitar. I think the RT's are actually pretty nice.

Tags
150 , andy , rt150 , timmons

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode