Ibanez JEM Forum banner

My turn today... - RG 770 in EXC condition for $170 with cas

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Mikael Jurman 
#1 ·
Picked up a white RG770 from a local guy in a private sale today - the finish is well ragged around the edges, but the neck's in perfect shape, as is all the hardware and the frets. There's not even any pocking on the neck plate... It came with a generic hardshell case for less than $170 US ($250 Canadian)... I'm going to have to change the strings and set it up, but it's a sweet deal :)

#10 ·
My turn today...

Here's a couple pics. The thing stinks - it's coated in nicotine, has .010s on it, and the trem's been blocked off with folded up cigarette packs, but despite the series of nicks and dings along the edges it's in fabulous (if filthy) shape... I'm trying to decide how to refinish it now - my wife wants to get her hands on it once it's stripped so god only knows what it'll turn out to be like... I'm trying to think of some animal or anime motif that will work with the shark's tooth inlays - maybe a pseudo-Lynch tyger-style finish in orange and black? yellow and black? I was thinking it would make a good swirl candidate too, but Chantal's pretty much set on doing it for me herself - I don't think she'll let me send it out anywhere ;)

#12 ·
My turn today...

Drool... That's a white 750, I'm in awe.. :)

Anime theme, huh? If the inlays are silver, like mine, and you don't mind a lot of red, you could go with a Rurouni Kenshin theme on it.. If you put the emphasis on the sword(s) it should work great with the inlays.. ;) Just an idea..

Personally, I'd have it redone white, and slap a white pearloid pickguard on it.. Instant 'Rocky George' sig model.. lol ;)

#13 ·
My turn today...

toshiro ~ of course, you are right... it's an RG 750 :doh:

Well, I've been thinking about it a few days and I'm leaning towards giving it the Lynch-style tiger treatment; a Jeanie guard and bright orange and black tiger-striped body... what do you think?

#14 ·
My turn today...

Well, in deference to recent budgetary constraints on my refin project, I've decided to go with the reliced industrial look... Basically I just took a heat gun to the thing after stripping most of the paint of and went to town :biggrin: I find the end result attractive in a battered, beaten, Hendrix's-Monterey-Strat-after-the-fire kind of way... take a look...

...oh, and my wife painted the headstock. She think's she's funny ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.