My USRG30--blue, green, or something else? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2002, 07:42 AM Thread Starter

My USRG30--blue, green, or something else?

Here's a pic of my most recent acquisition:

http://ebay0.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_...3a/i-1_B_L.JPG

Looking at the Ibanez catalogs over the years, it looks like the USRG30 came in 8 or so colors, including Transparent Green (TG) and Transparent Blue (TB). I've seen pictures of both in the catalogs, and the green ones seem much greener, and the blue ones seem much blue-er.

That said, I think this one is blue (probably just a case of super-yellow maple underneath), but was just curious if Ibanez ever had a Transparent Dark Turquiose (TDT) or Transparent Somewhere Between Green and Blue (TSBGB) color.

Either way, it's a killer axe. I sold my USRG30-TP earlier this year and had been kicking myself ever since, so it's nice to have another one. Now I just need to figure out what pickup is in the bridge...

--B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2002, 08:09 AM

Sweet color either way - I saw this one and drooled. I'm eagerly awaiting a USRG20 TP that's in UPS transit.

Any real downsides to the tension-free neck?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2002, 08:32 AM

I saw that one here in Dallas when it was on auction. Isn't the headstock a little bluer that the body?

Seems like the finish on the USRGs is unsual. I've seen some that appeared quite *faded*...there was one on ebay a while back that the guy called "OD green"...almost looked grayish green. Anybody else notice this? Maybe just variation in staining? Either way, great guitars....enjoying my TG.
Greg
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2002, 11:57 AM

Yea- I remember seeing that greyish-green one. It had one of those botched neck jobs, right? Not that it affects playing too much.
There does appear to be a lot of variation in the stain jobs- some of the TP's are deep purple, some look wine-red. Mine is somewhere in between those 2 colors; but the body and headstock are the same color, so I'm happy It appears that PBC had some odd quality control issues on these guitars. The catalogs show them with perfectly matching headstocks and bodies, but in reality, it was difficult to find perfect matches.

And Mark- I haven't found any downsides yet to the tension free neck.

-Ben
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2002, 02:05 PM

Re: My USRG30--blue, green, or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bduersch
Here's a pic of my most recent acquisition:

http://ebay0.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_...3a/i-1_B_L.JPG

Looking at the Ibanez catalogs over the years, it looks like the USRG30 came in 8 or so colors, including Transparent Green (TG) and Transparent Blue (TB). I've seen pictures of both in the catalogs, and the green ones seem much greener, and the blue ones seem much blue-er.

That said, I think this one is blue (probably just a case of super-yellow maple underneath), but was just curious if Ibanez ever had a Transparent Dark Turquiose (TDT) or Transparent Somewhere Between Green and Blue (TSBGB) color.

Either way, it's a killer axe. I sold my USRG30-TP earlier this year and had been kicking myself ever since, so it's nice to have another one. Now I just need to figure out what pickup is in the bridge...

--B
So you're the one who won the auction...i was going to bid on it but the auction ended to late....im mad!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2002, 03:32 PM

That's gorgeous, man... Sweet axe.

I saw a Trans Purple in my local (non-ibanez dealership, no idea how they found the thing) guitar shop once. The top was pretty faded. It wasn't a bad price, like $400, and i might have been able to talk them down a bit (it sorta helps that my great uncle owns the place ), but i had no idea what the thing was, and it was gone the next time i was there. oh well... :-/

Anyway, the top was pretty faded on the thing- they definately do fade, that could have happened here, although i think your guess that it might just be the color of the wood underneith may be closer to the truth. anyway, i love the chaotic nature of the quilt. If you ever think of selling the thing, let me know.

-Drew
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2002, 04:52 PM

Quote:

Thanks Ben.

I love to track a package!
It's like Christmas in August
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2002, 06:54 PM

I know how you feel, Mark- congrats!
-Ben

Tags
guitar shop , ibanez catalog , ibanez dealer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode