My Yngwie Malmsteen Sig. Fender Stratocaster! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

My Yngwie Malmsteen Sig. Fender Stratocaster!

Well, I did promise some more pics, so here they are. I have had for a little over a week now, and it is just fantastic! There is no words to describe it. It plays and sound absolutely amazing. It is just so damn versatile too! I have read reviews from people saying that it was a one-trick pony. Not true at all!

These damn things can play metal, blues, soft rock. Both lead and rythmn this guitar owns big-time. The pickups on it are outstanding. They are very low-output, but once driven hard with a decent overdrive pedal, they go into a league of their own!

The Fender Vintage Trem is better than any trem I have ever used. I prefer fixed bridges myself nowadays, but this thing is so lovely to use its incredible. I like it better than any Edge or Lo-Pro I have used. Maybe it cant be used as heavily, but it is damn close if its setup correctly!

I had only ever played a scalloped fretboard for like 20mins before, but it didnt take any getting used to whatsoever. It fitted like a glove. It really does seem as though this is the guitar that my hands have been wanting! Anyone thats ever thought about getting one, and has been put-off by the low-output pickups, or the scalloped neck - - dont be put-off!

Another thing is the colour........that Vintage White just does not come across in the pictures, it is gorgeous!

I got it for a cracking price (thanks Darren!) and I love it to bits. I was going to buy one brand new anyway, but didnt like the though of the 4 month wait for one.

But anyway, I could go on about this thing all day long. So here are some piccies for you all to lust over!

http://www.picturetrail.com/the.godfather_ibanez

Everytime I see it, it makes me smile!
Most defenitely - - A keeper!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 04:06 PM

Re: My Yngwie Malmsteen Sig. Fender Stratocaster!

haha great score man!! maple wasnt for you??
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 10:06 PM

The YJM strat is a way underrated guitar! I love it too!

Btw, does the US models come wig threaded inserts in the neck like the Jap models? I heard those contribute to the tone somewhat.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-10-2005, 10:47 PM

i love those strats. that vintage white colour is amazing. iv only played the maple fretboard. does the rosewood vs.maple scalloped have a big difference in tone?
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 12:06 AM

Nice.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 12:26 AM

Awesome, I love the YJM sig!

For the Strat partscaster I'm building, I decided to go with DiMarzio YJM neck/middle, HS-3 bridge. It's good to hear you like them. How do they sound clean?
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 01:56 AM

GREAt and
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 08:55 AM

Reviews: 1
Talking Re: My Yngwie Malmsteen Sig. Fender Stratocaster!

Another Convert!

Sweeeeeet guitar Godfather, welcome to the club!

-Jemaholic
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 10:50 AM

Looks cool...so do you have to adapt your playing slightly to acomodate the scalloped frets?
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 11:49 AM

Thumbs up Re: My Yngwie Malmsteen Sig. Fender Stratocaster!

SWEEEEEEEET, that is one fine axe my friend ,love to hear a sound clip m8,
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-11-2005, 12:20 PM

Beautiful guitar! Really nice score there, congrats!

jim
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the comments guys! It is a great guitar, it really is. Anyway, to answer some of your questions.....

I do like the more common maple-necked version alot actually, and this is next on my "to buy" list actually. The reason I went for the rosewood is because I prefer the feel and tone of it. Its less "bright" than maple in tone. The rosewood has a much "darker" sound. Plus I think the rosewood looks cool too! lol

As for how the pickups sound clean, pretty good actually! Very nice for that, clean, "acousticy", kinda arpeggio sound that Yngwie uses e.g. Black Star. But the pickups defenitely liked to be kranked with distortion and a decent overdrive pedal. They sound fantastic!

I didnt have to adapt my playing at all for the scallops. As I said before, it seems as if its what my hands have been wanting me to play for all this time! lol I just took to the scallops straight away. The only thing I would say I did adjust slightly.........is the pressure. You dont press as hard on scallops, almost like a feather touch.

As for a soundclip.......watch this space. I have been meaning to record "I'll See The Light Tonight" for a while now!
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 01:05 PM

Great guitar dude, gotta love that scalloped board .

Regards

Andrť

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 01:34 PM

Very nice guitar, i played a Malmsteen strat today, the older version with the smaller headstock. I loved it, everything about it i loved. So i'm modding my strat to be just like a malmsteen strat. Very jealous

Last edited by maliciousteve; 10-13-2005 at 06:15 AM.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 06:03 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, they are great! As I said previously, its maple-necked brother would be a nice addition to my rosewood one. Just for something different tone-wise as well really. But I want one of the new 2005 models again, with nice big headstock. The newer ones seem to be really well built.

Tags
beautiful guitar , fender strat , fixed bridge , malmsteen strat , maple fret , maple fretboard , output pickup , overdrive pedal , scalloped fretboard , scalloped frets , scalloped neck , vintage strat , vintage trem , yjm strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode