Mystery Ibanez - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 06:47 PM Thread Starter

Mystery Ibanez

Was at a local guitar shop recently and saw an old Ibanez (very old judging by the serial number). The body was like an RG, but the upper horn was more rounded/carved and overall the shape just wasn't an RG, it was more vintage-looking, less extreme. It had a transparent blue (I think, my memory's not great lol) burst finish, H-S-S pickups, vintage trem, rosewood (or ebony, not sure) fretboard, thin neck (not sure if it was Wizard or what, I'm not very skilled at recognizing Ibanez specs), and had a pickguard at somepoint but the previous owner (an employee of the store) had taken it off, but left the screws in.

Anyone know what this is? Had the normal pointy Ibanez headstock as far as I can remember.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 08:48 PM

sounds like a roadstar series ibanez, couldnt really tell from the description though.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 04:04 AM

Like that maybe?
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 04:06 AM

Double post, oops. Internet was being a [email protected]#^ at the time.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 07:40 AM Thread Starter

Looks kinda like it, I'd have to see one in the same finish with the same pickup configuration to know for sure though. But seeing that reminds me: non-tilt-back headstock.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 12:22 AM

Mine has rounded edges, but it looks smaller than a new RG, even right next to my '02 RG470. But they actually have damn near identical silhouettes. Aside from the horns being slightly less sharp, anyway.

If it's not shaped like an RG, it's not one.

But mine is a Korean 1987 RG100. It's an RG shape, just no sharp angles anywhere.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

See this is shaped like an RG, it's just a little more rounded (like a Strat's edges rather than an RG's edges) with the upper horn being a little more rounded than everything else.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-28-2004, 09:10 AM

check the blue one on this pic. it's got no pickguard, but looks pretty much like the one you described, doesnt it?

Tags
guitar shop , local guitar shop , roadstar series , vintage trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode