NBD: '93 SR2000 bass - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

NBD: '93 SR2000 bass

I've actually had this thing for probably six months but I never got around to taking and pictures of it. It has some minor scuffs that I want to buff out and sharp fret ends I want to take care of, but I finally figured what the hell and snapped some pics of it.

Pretty cool bass I have to say. Essentially the same spec as a classic Spector: solid maple neck-through with PJ-style pickups. As you can imaging, it's HEAVY. The wenge board is super cool and there aren't many neck-thru MIJ Basses that Ibanez ever made. This one is from 1993 and browsing through their old catalogs, they dropped most of the higher end stuff in 1994, so this is sort of the last of its breed, up there with other '93 vintage stuff like the RG1200.

Anyway, pics!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 08:46 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: NBD: '93 SR2000 bass

Very nice man. I remember when you got it. Nice to finally see some pics. I like that bridge- it looks like solid brass and it's MASSIVE!! it has to sound good............

The pups look like Bartollini's....but not. what are they?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 10:57 PM Thread Starter

Re: NBD: '93 SR2000 bass

The pickups are some sort of Ibanez EMG-style pickups I believe. AFR-P and AFR-J. They're active pickups. The bridge is an AccuCast-B IV, which I assume is some sort of Gotoh design. You're right, it is massive. It came out in 1991 and was used on SR800's and above with the exception of the SR1200, which was the cost-reduced version of my bass that came out in 1994. It was replaced by the AccuCast B20 in 1998.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode